Busy weekend

so,ton saint

Ten cruise ships arriving saturday and sunday also Saint,s at home Saturday thirty thousand fan,s in and around southampton and happy hammer,s coming down M3 :D

A few years ago I drove the crew bus from the cruise terminal up to West Quay and then back again. We used to run from 9am to 4.30pm. As you probably know it's just a five minute trip one way if no traffic about. One day we had the boat show, Saints and three or four ships in. Instead of a one way trip being five minutes it took way over two hours just to get to No 10 gate. The crew had long since got off and walked back to the ship! Passengers for the ship were walking with their luggage from the coach and railway stations. It was chaos in Southampton. Even though I live very close to Southampton I always stay the night before a cruise in the Dolphin just because of the traffic possibilities.

OMG! We will be getting on Azura on Saturday for our mini cruise. 😱

Mostly it's just fine but when it goes wrong it goes wrong big time. I did the crew bus duty over a hundred times and it was chaos about three or four days of that hundred. That's why I always stay in a hotel the night before, peace of mind for the next day and if it's bad walk which only takes 10-30 minutes depending on which terminal it is.

A busy port and football last weekend meant it took family 2 hours to get from slip road of motorway to ikea and then they were stacking cars for cps parking too. Thst was around 2pm. They had arrival time of 3 but got on-board at 445ish. Needless to say all forgotten now a they are having a lovely time. Enjoy your cruise, Azura is a lovely ship.

A few years ago I drove the crew bus from the cruise terminal up to West Quay and then back again. We used to run from 9am to 4.30pm. As you probably know it's just a five minute trip one way if no traffic about. One day we had the boat show, Saints and three or four ships in. Instead of a one way trip being five minutes it took way over two hours just to get to No 10 gate. The crew had long since got off and walked back to the ship! Passengers for the ship were walking with their luggage from the coach and railway stations. It was chaos in Southampton. Even though I live very close to Southampton I always stay the night before a cruise in the Dolphin just because of the traffic possibilities.

I know what you mean Strawberry field it can be a nightmare myself and other driver,s bring our passengers through 20 gate and as long as there is a ship in the city cruise terminal run straight through to 46 berth by coming out at dock gate 8 doing the trip in 20 min,s from marchwood.

I know what you mean Strawberry field it can be a nightmare myself and other driver,s bring our passengers through 20 gate and as long as there is a ship in the city cruise terminal run straight through to 46 berth by coming out at dock gate 8 doing the trip in 20 min,s from marchwood.

Would that be a cab or coach? Many a time I would be sat on Millbrook road going into town wishing I could just go through 20 gate but bus companies tend not to like that sort of thing:o :D

Would that be a cab or coach? Many a time I would be sat on Millbrook road going into town wishing I could just go through 20 gate but bus companies tend not to like that sort of thing:o :D

It,s a mini bus eight seater a cruise parking company at marchwood park and ride,as for going through dock gate 20 many Evesway and Coliseum use this route for the mayflower 106 berth and 101 city cruise terminal.

It,s a mini bus eight seater a cruise parking company at marchwood park and ride,as for going through dock gate 20 many Evesway and Coliseum use this route for the mayflower 106 berth and 101 city cruise terminal.

I used to use it with a coach but not with a bus as they have a designated route. I hope the traffic isn't too bad this weekend in Southampton for those getting on the ships. Any passengers reading this leave plenty of time to get to your terminals just in case.