Status Match Complete - But Boy Did I Have to Work For It

cruzeluver

So it has taken nearly two months, three emails, three online forms and three calls to customer service, but we finally got our MSC status match confirmed. Whew!

If you submit for status match and there is a problem, you will not be contacted by MSC. It is up to you to chase after them. If it has been more than a week and you have not received an email confirming you status match, call them.The folks in customer service I have spoken to have all been friendly and offered their best advice, but the amount of effort has been extraordinary. The online form you can submit to ask questions, forget about it. I submitted three over a period of six weeks and never received a reply to any of them.

I was told everything from my screen shots were in an incorrect format (if they must be in a specific format, why not put that on the form?), to they were too small, to they did not include the required information, so who knows what to believe.

My last re-submission was just over a week ago and this morning I magically received the email confirming the status match has been completed for both me and my husband. Interesting as what I sent this time was the same exact screen shot I was previously told was inadequate. ;p

Just glad that it is finally done. We are really looking forward to our cruise on Seaside in January.

So it has taken nearly two months, three emails, three online forms and three calls to customer service, but we finally got our MSC status match confirmed. Whew!

If you submit for status match and there is a problem, you will not be contacted by MSC. It is up to you to chase after them. If it has been more than a week and you have not received an email confirming you status match, call them.The folks in customer service I have spoken to have all been friendly and offered their best advice, but the amount of effort has been extraordinary. The online form you can submit to ask questions, forget about it. I submitted three over a period of six weeks and never received a reply to any of them.

I was told everything from my screen shots were in an incorrect format (if they must be in a specific format, why not put that on the form?), to they were too small, to they did not include the required information, so who knows what to believe.

My last re-submission was just over a week ago and this morning I magically received the email confirming the status match has been completed for both me and my husband. Interesting as what I sent this time was the same exact screen shot I was previously told was inadequate. ;p

Just glad that it is finally done. We are really looking forward to our cruise on Seaside in January.

Well , we had to cruise with MSC to get Status imagine how we fill when people just have to call them 5 times :rolleyes:

I think the status match program is a brilliant way to get new customers, especially when trying to get a foot in the already crowded US market. At the end of the day I am happy it is taken care of. My main point in sharing my experience was to help others who may be planning to go through the process. While it was clunky, I will say the folks I have spoken to in customer service have been excellent. Very friendly and aware of the challenges some passengers are facing.

MSC's on board experience is what has enticed us to give them a go and we are really looking forward to experiencing a new line. I really am not too concerned with loyalty programs and find most of the benefits to be inconsequential. But if you are going to offer me status as a means to lure me in then by all means I'll play!

I had the same experience as the OP. They had even lost the voyager number they gave me and I has to get a new one. However the old one is still on my account. But I have printed off everything that shows numbers and info needed. Have a great cruise.

My status matfh took no more than a week, but it took my mother a month until we just did it again yesterday morning, and by the afternoon, she had recieved her status match. I am excited for my first ever MSC cruise in 9 days, it should be a fun experience to try a new line. While I do understand the actual loyal cruisers being upset about the status match, I also see how it will help MSC longterm, as it appears that they are really banking on a growing US market. I in no means booked my cruise based off of the program, but like cruzelover said, if someone is going to offer me something for free, might as well take it. :)

When I didn't hear anything from MSC six to eight weeks after submitting the form and documentation, I called last week. I was on hold for a while but the representative took care of everything rather quickly. Make sure to reprint your etickets if your status changes.

It seems like they've sped up and refined the process as of recently. and by recently I mean the last week.

I submitted my status match at the end of June. I received an email on August 11th with my number. It was automatically added to my reservation and my 5% discount was taken off my balance.

Later that day I submitted my husband's information for status match. He received an email 3 days later. I check our reservation and his number was also automatically added in there.

We are excited to try MSC, being that we have two young children. Getting Black status for my Diamond status is a nice added touch for us :)

Pics from my iPhone.

Also sent a screenshot from my iPhone. Must have been lucky as I received our status match confirmation email in less than a week. Got another email after, requiring account activation within 30 days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are sailing in January for the first time. We have cruised 108 days on Crystal. But guess what? Crystal isn't listed on their match program. They will get it on the the list but maybe not in time for our cruise. Win some, lose some!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MSC have been putting on a huge push to make inroads in the US market. An impressed "tip of the hat" to the marketing person who came up with the Status Match program.

While it may not have been the deciding factor in a lot of the US bookings, it's pretty obvious (just by reading CC) that it was certainly a "contributing" factor.

So many cruisers have such good amenities with the loyalty programs on other lines, that it's hard to give those up, to try a new line. With the Status Match program, we felt like that concern was taken away, or at least diminished.

We completely agree with Cruzeluver that it was a brilliant move. Now ... if only it wasn't such a pill to get it done and on the record! :')

Agree Robkat. I think it was a very original marketing move that has obviously gotten MSC a lot of attention. Status Match was certainly not a deciding factor to try MSC for the first time. We had looked at them before and were intrigued but not enough to make a booking. Then my husband saw and ad for MSC Seaside and called me saying we have to look into booking this new ship, it looks incredible. When we saw all of the features, the modern decor, plus the promos they were offering, we jumped on it. Status Match was just a nice something extra.

I filled out the form yesterday afternoon and got an email with the status match within a couple of hours. Filled one out for my husband at the same time and have heard nothing back yet :rolleyes:

Hi there. Does anyone know what level we will be 'matched' at on msc for a platinum crown & anchor? Thanks in advance.

Forums

Platinum will give you a Silver Card.

I did the status match this week and I got my membership the same day.

I filled out the form yesterday afternoon and got an email with the status match within a couple of hours. Filled one out for my husband at the same time and have heard nothing back yet :rolleyes:

Filled out the form yesterday for DH. Loyalty number back today. :D