Many children on board in January?

wesb1980

We almost always cruise the last week of January or first week of February. Even on the 'kid friendly' lines there have been relatively few I assume to being shortly after holiday breaks and not that many weeks before spring break season starts. Last February on Reflection I would say there were maybe 10 kids on board.

Very few in my experience. School is in session for most everyone, which limits the number of children.

I had a great time interacting with a child I saw many times on the elevator with his parents on one January cruise. We must have been on the same schedule! He took great delight in asking which floor we wanted and pressing the button for us. Nice family and I'd love to run into them again.

Last time we cruised Jan there were several extended families with pre school children but hardly any your daughters age....Speak to the children Club on boarding. There will still be activities but they often combine ages.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Last time we cruised Jan there were several extended families with pre school children but hardly any your daughters age....Speak to the children Club on boarding. There will still be activities but they often combine ages.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks I will do...Can't wait as it's our first cruise.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

We've sailed on a dozen Celebrity cruises and twice that many on Princess. We always travel during the school year, although haven't sailed in January before. Of all the cruises over 10 days on Celebrity, I've seen a total of approx 5 children onboard. It's not to say they were not onboard, we just never noticed them. Of those children, only one was your daughter's age. Maybe on RCCL, not on Celebrity or Princess in my experience.

I've gone on several Caribbean cruises with Celebrity in January, probably count on my one hand how many were on-board.

I think once school is back in session, a few days after New Years, you will see very few children.

Me, wifey and 9 year old daughter are cruising on the Eclipse in Jan to the Carribean. Any ideas of the amount of kids, if any will be on board?

Celebrity does a lot of marketing in South America and there may be a number of children from South America because it is Summer south of the equator.

Me, wifey and 9 year old daughter are cruising on the Eclipse in Jan to the Carribean. Any ideas of the amount of kids, if any will be on board?

Schools tend to have their breaks in February. In January, there will be very few children your daughter's age, especially if it is a cruise longer than 7 days.