MSC Norway Fjords Cruise - Insights Appreciated

sunlover757

We'll be cruising with MSC for the first time on a Norway Fjords cruise and are wondering what the dress code is like onboard the ship in the evenings. Are jeans acceptable in the buffet dining area? Does everyone dress up throughout the ship on formal nights? Are sports jackets required in the Main Dining Room? We're starting to think about packing lists now and are wondering how much to bring. We generally just travel with carry-on luggage and know we'll need clothes that can be layered for our Norway ports of call. Any insights and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

I'm also going on my first MSC cruise to the Norwegian Fjords in June of next year so I can see the Midnight Sun, what month are you going? I haven't started packing but when I do I plan to go on the MSC website and look for their FAQs or other articles regarding their dress codes. Have you already done that and been unsuccessful in finding answers to your questions?

We'll be cruising with MSC for the first time on a Norway Fjords cruise and are wondering what the dress code is like onboard the ship in the evenings. Are jeans acceptable in the buffet dining area? Does everyone dress up throughout the ship on formal nights? Are sports jackets required in the Main Dining Room? We're starting to think about packing lists now and are wondering how much to bring. We generally just travel with carry-on luggage and know we'll need clothes that can be layered for our Norway ports of call. Any insights and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Here's a link for MSC's suggested dress code:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53212942&postcount=8

Jeans are perfectly fine in the buffet and also in the MDR. No need for a sports jacket - you'll find some even wear t-shirts to dinner. On 'Elegance' (formal) nights, some will dress up and others won't.

Here's a link for MSC's suggested dress code:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53212942&postcount=8

Jeans are perfectly fine in the buffet and also in the MDR. No need for a sports jacket - you'll find some even wear t-shirts to dinner. On 'Elegance' (formal) nights, some will dress up and others won't.

Thanks so much for letting me know, Beamafar! I had read MSC's dress code information earlier, but wasn't sure if if was followed to the letter on the ships - particularly the part about no jeans after 6 p.m. in any public areas on the ship. I wondered whether things were more casual than that onboard Baltic and Norwegian Fjords cruises. Your help is greatly appreciated!