Antarctica vs. Alaska

cl.klink

What a ridiculous post! There is no way that photo was taken out of a plane flying, probably, at 35K feet.

And polar bears in Antarctica? That is TOO funny. :rolleyes:

I need to tell it is true that the Sydney to Johannesburg Qantas flight flies over Antarctica. I flew on it this year on October 8 and took many photos from the plane out the window. One could see the blue sea against the ice. I was amazing! We flew over it for about 30 minutes with everyone in the plane being fascinated and standing up by the windows. We could not get enough of it.

I think his saying that with a bit iuck, you might see a polar bear was a joke. Of course, one could not see a polar bear at that height!

• 1 year later...

We had a woman on board my 3rd trip who - on the second landing (a shore with a mere 20,000 penguins) - got off the zodiac and glared at me and said "is this all it is everyday, putting all the heavy gear on then just getting on these rubber boats and standing around here? Is this the same place as yesterday?"

I said "no yesterday was a different location - seals and albatross, no penguins, and yes really truly this is what we are doing several times a day for the next 3 weeks".

She sighed and got back on the zodiac and demanded to be taken back to the ship !

One has to wonder what she thought she had spent $30,000 on.

I'm curious if you know..... Did she do any more zodiac expeditions or did she just spend the rest of the trip on board the ship?

I'm curious if you know..... Did she do any more zodiac expeditions or did she just spend the rest of the trip on board the ship?

I don't recollect seeing her on shore during many landings at all. Her husband always went ashore. I got the impression it was his holiday and his interest - he really could have saved a fortune and sent her on a $3000 Bahama's cruise in the meantime.

I don't recollect seeing her on shore during many landings at all. Her husband always went ashore. I got the impression it was his holiday and his interest - he really could have saved a fortune and sent her on a $3000 Bahama's cruise in the meantime.

Sounds like that would have been a better choice for all involved!