On board price guarantee

swansong

I was wondering if anyone had invoked the on board price guarantee for a future cruise either before final payment or after.

I religiously checked the price of the cruise we have just completed after booking and whilst it fluctuated up and down it never got below the price I paid. It got within a whisker though. No doubt some lower prices were given to agents but the guarantee only covers published prices.

I wasn't hoping for a lower price but it was satisfying to know that I got the best deal I could.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My cruises didn't go down in price either; they just offered three category upgrades. Since I booked Cat H they wouldn't give me any money. If I had wanted and booked Cat E I could have gotten plenty of money by changing to Cat H and then getting three category upgrade. They also gave shipboard credit offers to the individual cruises instead of the "A" combination cruises I selected. Lastly, two of my segments are being dumped while the official price has not been lowered; you can find lower prices on some travel agency booking engines.

Regent is finding plenty of ways to get new bookings without having to pay out on that guarantee.

Marc

I have definitely had a cruise where the price I booked at went down, and regent gave me the lower price. It has happened twice that I can think of. Sometimes it is a good deal, sometimes not. If you have a huge OBC, you may lose that, so you have to run the numbers.

Marc - when you get involved in "covert pricing" you lose OBC's etc. Although we just did that on our Alaska cruise (and got OBC's by booking more cruises), it is not something that I would recommend to people. IMO, it is a cheap way to go and you get what you pay for.

Marc - when you get involved in "covert pricing" you lose OBC's etc. Although we just did that on our Alaska cruise (and got OBC's by booking more cruises), it is not something that I would recommend to people. IMO, it is a cheap way to go and you get what you pay for.

Are you saying you were treated differently onboard because you booked a covert fare? I think not; so you got exactly what those that paid more got.

Marc

Are you saying you were treated differently onboard because you booked a covert fare? I think not; so you got exactly what those that paid more got.

Marc

Obviously, I did not say that and everyone onboard the ship is treated the same. I said that you do not get OBC's (don't believe that you can get them from Amex or your TA either). Regent was giving $500 OBC for our cruise but we were not eligible for it. We were on a Artful Traveler cruise and our TA wasn't sure that we could register to be a part of that group. IMO, it is important for posters to know that "covert fares" have their pluses and minuses. At one point I felt embarrassed that I would even try to get a "covert fare". If our TA wasn't a top seller of Regent cruises, it is likely that Regent would not have matched the fare. Somehow it just made me feel cheap (not a great feeling).

Obviously, I did not say that and everyone onboard the ship is treated the same. I said that you do not get OBC's (don't believe that you can get them from Amex or your TA either). Regent was giving $500 OBC for our cruise but we were not eligible for it.

I fell off that turnip truck a long long time ago. Even I can figure out the benefits of giving up $500 OBC for a few thousand in cold hard cash.

I am not criticizing Regent, they are out to make money for their shareholders and employees. I will also pick up a couple more onboard bookings next month. I believe I paid a fare price for my cruises; however, I will know that some on board paid less. I am cheap, I want the best deal offered; just a personal quirk left over from that turnip truck.

See you cruising soon!!

Marc