Best All Inclusive Day Pass in Nassau?

CruiseNowPlease

• 2 months later...
I believe it's 10am - 6pm

Does the resort include snorkeling equipment with the day pass?

We are in port from 9am til 8pm so could really use up all the time.

This is 5/29 so would Sandals or Breezes be better? Same question for Breezes about snorkeling equipment....

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Does the resort include snorkeling equipment with the day pass?

We are in port from 9am til 8pm so could really use up all the time.

This is 5/29 so would Sandals or Breezes be better? Same question for Breezes about snorkeling equipment....

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Sandals has snorkeling gear on the private island, not sure if they have it from the beach, since there really isn't good snorkeling from the beach either at Sandals or Breezes.

I don't think Breezes has equipment, but I could be wrong. There's no decent snorkeling in the area from the beach.. there's a tour with the NINJA from Breezes beach.. on the Ninja. I think it's about $40pp.

Snorkeling from the shore in Nassau/Paradise Island isn't very good. You need a tour boat to see anything worth while.

Sheraton has a man made "reef" with a few fish (no coral or other sea life).. Snorkeling gear is included in the day pass ($30).. not an all inclusive.

• 4 years later...

FYI I just called Sandals to see about purchasing the day pass in advance and they said you can't buy in advance but can pay cash or credit card when you get there. They are fully operational as hurricane Irma missed them. Now we will wait and see if Royal uses the Majesty for humanitarian efforts through the rest of the month or if my cruise actually happens.

FYI I just called Sandals to see about purchasing the day pass in advance and they said you can't buy in advance but can pay cash or credit card when you get there. They are fully operational as hurricane Irma missed them. Now we will wait and see if Royal uses the Majesty for humanitarian efforts through the rest of the month or if my cruise actually happens.

Hi There!

Thanks so much for the info and heads up!! We are sailing in mid October for a short anniversary cruise and was thinking of doing the Sandals Day Pass. So, we will wait to get to Nassau and get a taxi to the resort and then purchase. I wish you could pre purchase, as my spouse will not be keen on the price, but I think it it could be very well worth it! Do you know if it includes going to their little island, too? Also, would it include a good seafood restaurant? I guess the silver lining to purchasing upon arrival is knowing what the weather will be like. Worst case, we go to Margaritaville or Hilton Day pass. I have been to Melia... liked their beach, but, that was about it. The outdoor buffet was sketchy, although we did not get sick.Thanks for the info!! I hope you get to go on your cruise!!!

Hi There!

Thanks so much for the info and heads up!! We are sailing in mid October for a short anniversary cruise and was thinking of doing the Sandals Day Pass. So, we will wait to get to Nassau and get a taxi to the resort and then purchase. I wish you could pre purchase, as my spouse will not be keen on the price, but I think it it could be very well worth it! Do you know if it includes going to their little island, too? Also, would it include a good seafood restaurant? I guess the silver lining to purchasing upon arrival is knowing what the weather will be like. Worst case, we go to Margaritaville or Hilton Day pass. I have been to Melia... liked their beach, but, that was about it. The outdoor buffet was sketchy, although we did not get sick.Thanks for the info!! I hope you get to go on your cruise!!!

Yes, the day pass does include the private island as long as it's not too windy for the ferry to run. If you go to the private island, make sure you know the boat schedule. I believe they only go back and forth once an hour so you'll need to watch your time and not miss a ferry you need to get back to the ship in time. Also, I don't think they stock towels on the island so pick some up by the main pools before you head over.

There's an open air restaurant between the 2 main pools. I don't remember what seafood they had but I know they had some. Also, the buffet has a big selection and there's a pizza oven. There's also a restaurant on the private island. Lots of options.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, the day pass does include the private island as long as it's not too windy for the ferry to run. If you go to the private island, make sure you know the boat schedule. I believe they only go back and forth once an hour so you'll need to watch your time and not miss a ferry you need to get back to the ship in time. Also, I don't think they stock towels on the island so pick some up by the main pools before you head over.

There's an open air restaurant between the 2 main pools. I don't remember what seafood they had but I know they had some. Also, the buffet has a big selection and there's a pizza oven. There's also a restaurant on the private island. Lots of options.

Thank you for all the helpful info!! Didn't think about the towels, either... great to know!!!

My husband and I did a day pass to sandals on 9/25. We arrived around 10:30 and took the 11 am ferry over to the offshore island. The ferry was definitely on "island time". We were able to get towels on the island but they were hard to track down so I would recommend grabbing them on the mainland too. The weather was cloudy and the water was pretty rocky that day so we weren't able to snorkel. We did get in the water and it was a nice temp. There were plenty of places to lounge and relax. The restaurant was ok, nothing too special. I wish there were servers going around to get drink orders but you had to go to the pool bar any time you wanted a drink and the service there was pretty slow if multiple people were at the bar. We took one of the last ferries back over (approx 4 pm), ate some pizza by the beach (delicious) and walked around the property before getting a taxi back to the port. The taxi ride to the resort cost us $25 and the way back $18 so I think we paid too much on the way there. Overall, overpriced but a nice and quiet DIY cruise excursion.

My husband and I did a day pass to sandals on 9/25. We arrived around 10:30 and took the 11 am ferry over to the offshore island. The ferry was definitely on "island time". We were able to get towels on the island but they were hard to track down so I would recommend grabbing them on the mainland too. The weather was cloudy and the water was pretty rocky that day so we weren't able to snorkel. We did get in the water and it was a nice temp. There were plenty of places to lounge and relax. The restaurant was ok, nothing too special. I wish there were servers going around to get drink orders but you had to go to the pool bar any time you wanted a drink and the service there was pretty slow if multiple people were at the bar. We took one of the last ferries back over (approx 4 pm), ate some pizza by the beach (delicious) and walked around the property before getting a taxi back to the port. The taxi ride to the resort cost us $25 and the way back $18 so I think we paid too much on the way there. Overall, overpriced but a nice and quiet DIY cruise excursion.

What did you think about Sandals? We were considering a few day getaway there and generally love Nassau. Going for a day pass is obviously much different than staying there, but would say the facilities were pretty spectacular or just "regular"?

I have never been to a Sandals so I am not the best person to comment. The resort was smaller than I expected (and looks on a map). You could tell it was an older property but it was very cleaned and looked kept up.

I have never been to a Sandals so I am not the best person to comment. The resort was smaller than I expected (and looks on a map). You could tell it was an older property but it was very cleaned and looked kept up.

Good info. I've stayed at Baha Mar a couple of times. It's pretty spectacular. We were thinking of maybe trying the Sandals down the street but don't want to be disappointed. We live in South Florida and love going to Nassau for a long weekend getaway, 35 min flight!

I liked the all-inclusive aspect of Sandals. Maybe we'll still give it a try, but I will go in expecting it not to be Baha Mar (nothing really is).