Domestic U.S. Contracted Airlines

hydro3

Hello all,

You might be able to answer a question for me. We will be going on the 18 night Christmas trip from LA to Hawaii and family members asked a couple of questions. The first was which air line do I think we will be flying on (we will be flying from Boise, ID) just using Regent's contracted airlines and the second is which cruise terminal in LA we will be embarking at.

Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful

The second question is easy; San Pedro. As to the first, are you paying the extra money to fly out of Boise? I would think Regent would fly you through SLC on Delta but don't know for sure. I can't imagine that it will be worthwhile for you to use Regent air; would think it would be better to take credit unless you are in Cat E or above and have hotel and transfers.

If you are flying on your own shorter to fly into Long Beach but might be cheaper into LAX and take Super Shuttle.

Marc

Marq,

Thank you for the response. My folks had purchased the tickets and looking at it, it does look like they paid an extra fee for Regent to fly us out of Boise. I will probably talk to the TA and see what the rebate is for us to go ahead and get our own tickets, there is an early morning non-stop out of Boise which would be nice.

Thank you again/

Marc or Jackie-

Can you recommend a good hotel in the San Pedro area? It's for several days, pre cruise on Regent from LAX to Miami...

Thanks

Sheila

Sheila - quite honestly, I would not stay in the San Pedro area -- it is not a nice part of Los Angeles. While Long Beach isn't my favorite either, it is considerably nicer than San Pedro. The highest rated hotel in Long Beach is the Hyatt Regency Long Beach. After that is the Westin Long Beach and Renaissance Long Beach Hotel. Long Beach is about 7 miles from San Pedro - an easy taxi ride.

In order to get to better areas, you would need to stay 18-25 miles away (Beverly Hills, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, etc.)

I don't think you would want to spend several days in San Pedro (actually, I would not like to hear that you are staying there for any length of time). There are tours available from Long Beach that are quite nice. You could visit the Queen Mary, for instance.

Hope that this helps!

Sheila - quite honestly, I would not stay in the San Pedro area -- it is not a nice part of Los Angeles. While Long Beach isn't my favorite either, it is considerably nicer than San Pedro. The highest rated hotel in Long Beach is the Hyatt Regency Long Beach. After that is the Westin Long Beach and Renaissance Long Beach Hotel. Long Beach is about 7 miles from San Pedro - an easy taxi ride.

In order to get to better areas, you would need to stay 18-25 miles away (Beverly Hills, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, etc.)

I don't think you would want to spend several days in San Pedro (actually, I would not like to hear that you are staying there for any length of time). There are tours available from Long Beach that are quite nice. You could visit the Queen Mary, for instance.

Hope that this helps!

Thanks Jackie

No, we are not planning to spend any in San Pedro. We need a hotel to sleep for a few nights. We will be visiting family and friends each day before the cruise. We will be renting a car for the few days. We are looking for a hotel centrally located. Visiting from San Diego to Laguna Beach to the San Franando Valley. If we stay in LA, we are very far from San Diego. That's the quandary.

Maybe the answer is Long Beach??? ( BTW- I visited the Queen Mary with my late husband, who is gone more than 25 years now. I think we even slept aboard. Don't remember it as a great experience.)

Keep the advice coming.

Thanks

Sheila

We are looking for a hotel centrally located. Visiting from San Diego to Laguna Beach to the San Franando Valley. If we stay in LA, we are very far from San Diego. That's the quandary.

Maybe the answer is Long Beach???

I think Long Beach is probably as good a choice as any considering all the places you'll be visiting. Have not stayed at any properties in LB, but those previously recommended will probably be solid choices. Being a resident of the area, I find that Google Maps offers fairly accurate estimates of drive times and route options. ;)