I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, this was back on September 2 - so I didn't JUST get out with my camera and shoot - but it isn't my usual bird and wildlife stuff for the weekly threads, and it was before we got slammed by the hurricane, which pushed back my 'get out and shoot' a bit this month. Still, I found it interesting - I was sitting in my pool, cooling off, late afternoon, when I noticed a plane cutting through the high high clouds and leaving a big fat contrail - I had my 100-400mm lens onboard for birds, so I snapped a shot of the plane as it was going over me, which gave a very symmetrical angle and a cool tail shadow on the clouds - a Brazilian Azul airliner heading back towards Brazil:

original.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A white, but icy Christmas in Portland, Or this year! First a couple inches of sleety snow, then an ice blanket over it.

enhance

The sun came out for a few minutes the day after Christmas.

enhance

All in all, a quiet, relaxing Christmas, but I'm glad we didn't need to go anywhere.

Happy New Year everyone,

Vic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm a daily shooter. I never leave home without a camera. But I haven't shot anything interesting lately. So all I have to submit is a simple picture of a geranium filled Terracotta pot sitting in my front landscape that I took this morning with my Olympus E-P1 using the Pin Hole filter.

4736340307_5e1b3e504d_b.jpg

WOW, I love this photograph This make me want to go back out an snap some photos. I have been slacking off a bit. But I am getting that urge to go out and snap, snap, and snap some photos. Thanks for sharing.