Thomson Dream, canaries cruise Q's

DJ T

Hi Cruise experts.

I am heading onto Thomson dream next Feb for caneries cruise. I worked on a P&O cruise ship for 6 months 10 years ago but not been on one since. We three adults two kids (3,5) and very much looking forward to sampling Thomson, I have few questions that if anyone can give advice on any of them perfect:

We have booked two outside cabin plus, if we pay to pre book any recommendations for cabins? Looks like 3 berths of ocp are only on deck 7?

The kids might sample the kids club, any Good? Any other hints tips with our kids? I know it's not a child crazy ship but their should love pool and the ports of call ( lots of beeches)

Any of the extra charge restaurants worth the extra cash?

I know most of ports quite well, but not la gomera? Thinking of doing Christopher Columbus history trip (just two of the adults) Anyone sampled?

Any other tips or advice on ship or canaries cruise greatly received.

On a side note, noted that the dream is in Malaga for a week start of November, I guess for a very small refit (carpets etc)?

Thanks

Refit in Malaga I doubt it Dream will be stopping there on repositioning from Corfu before another repositioning to the Canaries

We book 7131/7129 or 7125 - accessible for all areas Not noisy and no vibration No blocked views and nice large cabins also being mid ships little movement

Can't advise about the kids club sorry

The extra charge restaurants are all good and worth the money You can also choose from a main of fillet Steak, sirloin steak or lamb cutlets for an extra £9.95 (last time price April 2017) In the MDR The starter and dessert you choose from the MDR menu that day

Thanks for your advice great help with the cabins.

I mentioned the refit as it arrives in Malaga on 5th November but doesn't leave for the caneries until 13th for 4 day reposition, and no advertised cruise between 5th -13th.

Will definitely try one of pay extra restaurants

Hi do Canaries cruise this year in February lovely weather apart from choppy first night was on Majesty going too on Dream having sampled most Thomson ships .

Food was good and like I say weather fairly warm 23/27/28 most days .

Haven't been to la Gomera since our honeymoon 28 years ago but was a lovely quiet island looking forward to seeing how it's changed.

We fly out 10 th to Gran Canaria on this cruise when are you joining.

Hi do Canaries cruise this year in February lovely weather apart from choppy first night was on Majesty going too on Dream having sampled most Thomson ships .

Food was good and like I say weather fairly warm 23/27/28 most days .

Haven't been to la Gomera since our honeymoon 28 years ago but was a lovely quiet island looking forward to seeing how it's changed.

We fly out 10 th to Gran Canaria on this cruise when are you joining.

We arrive on the ship the day before 9th in tenerife. Cannot wait some great ports of call.

Hi there we are also joining on the 9th for our first cruise on the dream! We are cabin 6140 cannot wait!

Great, had to double take your name as my wife is rach and born in 1987!! My memories from p&o is caneries cruise are great with a lot of ports with beaches, shops etc all near by, with Madeira my fav, lovely restaurants and cafe, the cable car is close and by look of it now an open top bus.

Looking forward to sampling Thomson for first time.

Great, had to double take your name as my wife is rach and born in 1987!! My memories from p&o is caneries cruise are great with a lot of ports with beaches, shops etc all near by, with Madeira my fav, lovely restaurants and cafe, the cable car is close and by look of it now an open top bus.

Looking forward to sampling Thomson for first time.

Haha how funny!

Yes we have booked the cable car excursion in Madeira as it looks fab! Looking forward to switching off!