6 Days in Sydney- What area to stay? What not to miss?

TTFN2013

I see nobody has mentioned this yet, but during our 5 day stay in Sydney one of our favorite experiences was a visit to the Chinese Garden of Friendship in Darling Harbor. It is not large, but really a lovely place. There was even a multicolor iguana roaming around. Even better, it abuts China Town so you can easily walk over for a great dinner.

I see nobody has mentioned this yet, but during our 5 day stay in Sydney one of our favorite experiences was a visit to the Chinese Garden of Friendship in Darling Harbor. It is not large, but really a lovely place. There was even a multicolor iguana roaming around. Even better, it abuts China Town so you can easily walk over for a great dinner.

Thank you.

Last April we stayed in Sydney for six days before a cruise. We picked the Meriton Serviced Apartments, Kent Street. It was a great place to stay, the people were incredibly friendly and helpful, and it was reasonably priced. There's a Cole's Market and a Woolies within easy walking distance for stocking up.

We went to Paddy's Market (more souvenirs than you'll ever need :) ! We also went to the zoo, which was nice, but we were disappointed to find that you had to pay extra to "visit" the koala's. Be sure to start at the top and work your way down! It's on a mountainside!

We also went to The Rocks area on Saturday when they have a "flea market". That was fun and interesting.

I think anything that you do that's new to you will be a great experience!

No one really mentioned the Bridge Climb or climbing the Pylon on the Southeast corner of the bridge for great views of the city and harbor. Everyone has pretty much mentioned everything else. I haven't personally eaten at the Glenmore Hotel in the Rocks, but my son says they have the best fish and chips! I fully intend to try them when we go to Sydney next year!

No one really mentioned the Bridge Climb or climbing the Pylon on the Southeast corner of the bridge for great views of the city and harbor. Everyone has pretty much mentioned everything else. I haven't personally eaten at the Glenmore Hotel in the Rocks, but my son says they have the best fish and chips! I fully intend to try them when we go to Sydney next year!

Thanks for commenting.