How far has Oceania "Dumbed Down" or made Bland, the taste of it's Culinary Offering!

St Paul Girl

Yikes! If I've understood your post, you received a dish of over-salted pasta with fresh truffles. You complained and sent the dish back. The chef presumably prepared a second dish the pasta with the same results. You, again, returned the dish. Were you served a third plate of over-salted food? Even if you gave up and changed your order, the chef has now sunk a mind-boggling amount of money into fresh truffles for multiple tries. At the price of fresh truffles, that chef was a fool for insisting on his salt prerogatives at the cost of his bottom line and his reputation.

We ordered something else and we have never returned to that restaurant.

Being a "cook", I add enough salt during cooking for my DHs taste. I add more at the table. I don't think any chef would get the salt right for both of us. :) It's wonderful being easy to please.

But I agree it is one of my pet peeves when someone changes a traditional recipe beyond recognition (think Rachel Ray). I am looking forward to another cook/chef's preparations.

We just returned from Marina Stockholm to Copenhagen. As usual, the food was excellent for the most part. I was just a little disappointed with the Sea Bass at Red Ginger, which is usually outstanding. It did not have much flavor this time. Jacques was awesome as was Polo Grill. Toscana was just OK, the veal did not have much flavor. Sometimes it is luck of the draw with a piece of meat or fish. My husband and other travelers loved just about everything they ate too. Plenty of variety and tastes to please most people. I can't complain because I liked just about everything and ate like a king!

We just returned from Marina Stockholm to Copenhagen. As usual, the food was excellent for the most part. I was just a little disappointed with the Sea Bass at Red Ginger, which is usually outstanding. It did not have much flavor this time!

I have not had the sea bass yet was it the fish that had no flavour or they just did not add anything to give it flavour ?

Lyn;

The sea bass in Red Ginger had a very unique tea and other spices infusion that I always liked. The quality of the sea bass has always been excellent. Can't speak for wantoberetired , but on our last cruise, they had really reduced that infusion level to an insignificant level, and to the point of us wishing they had just done something different with the fish. Another example of the toned down thing. We loved the original recipe and level of tea infusion.

Lyn;

The sea bass in Red Ginger had a very unique tea and other spices infusion that I always liked. The quality of the sea bass has always been excellent. Can't speak for wantoberetired , but on our last cruise, they had really reduced that infusion level to an insignificant level, and to the point of us wishing they had just done something different with the fish. Another example of the toned down thing. We loved the original recipe and level of tea infusion.

I guess it is the cook's interpretation of things

first time in RG I had the green curry dish it was excellent next time there was no sauce just the vegetables ..:confused:

Now to convince DH to try RG again