Have you cruised Carnival out of NYC???

brepri_h

The itineraries from NYC don’t seem to be the normal next year because the brand new ship Horizon will be there for summer/fall. I am going on a 4 day to Bermuda on the Horizon but I want to take my son in 2019 on his first cruise, he’ll be 3.

What are the typical Caribbean itineraries on Carnival out of NYC? If you’ve cruised Carnival out of NYC before what was your itinerary?

I'm afraid the NYC itineraries have changed greatly over the years since we started cruising (2004). Back then, they had one ship (Victory) doing 4 and 5-day Canada cruises during the summer and another (2004 was Miracle, then Legend) doing 8-day Eastern Caribbean cruises. In the fall, the Canada cruises were 7-day cruises. By the end of October both ships went south. About 4-5 years ago they went to one ship only, doing a few Canada cruises and mostly 8-day Caribbean cruises. This year they changed the 4-day Canada cruises to 4-day Bermuda cruises. Next year it's just Horizon - and there are no Canada cruises scheduled at all. A long way of saying, who knows what Carnival is thinking for NYC in 2019?

FWIW, our Caribbean itineraries out of NYC started with San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola. Then we did St. Thomas, Grand Turk and Nassau. Next year on Horizon we're doing San Juan, Amber Cove and Grad Turk.

I'm afraid the NYC itineraries have changed greatly over the years since we started cruising (2004). Back then, they had one ship (Victory) doing 4 and 5-day Canada cruises during the summer and another (2004 was Miracle, then Legend) doing 8-day Eastern Caribbean cruises. In the fall, the Canada cruises were 7-day cruises. By the end of October both ships went south. About 4-5 years ago they went to one ship only, doing a few Canada cruises and mostly 8-day Caribbean cruises. This year they changed the 4-day Canada cruises to 4-day Bermuda cruises. Next year it's just Horizon - and there are no Canada cruises scheduled at all. A long way of saying, who knows what Carnival is thinking for NYC in 2019?

FWIW, our Caribbean itineraries out of NYC started with San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola. Then we did St. Thomas, Grand Turk and Nassau. Next year on Horizon we're doing San Juan, Amber Cove and Grad Turk.

I did notice that the Horizon wasn't going to be doing any New England and Canada next year in NYC and thought that was a little strange.I guess people going on the new ship don't want to go there? I don't know. I feel like I've seen 7/8 day Bermuda cruises and 1 other Caribbean itinerary that was about 8 days in more recent years. I just can't remember where that one goes.

It must be a real nightmare for the cruise lines trying to make descent itineraries for the extra ships out of NY/NJ with the limited availability of ports of calls. RCCL is bringing the Adventure into Bayonne for 5 months starting in May next year also.

Another thing i noticed with the Horizon is the prices for the new ship..wow!!. Hopefully in 2019 the prices drop down a bit to something more reasonable or they use a different ship

We ended up paying around $1,600 including tips and vacation protection for our 4 Day cruise to Bermuda on the Horizon. I didn't think that was too bad considering it being a new ship.

We have sailed Carnival out of NY twice, but both aren't there anymore.

We did the Legend, a 7 day cruise to PR and the Virgin Isles and then we did the Splendor on an 8 day cruise to the Bahamas. When we did the Splendor in February, a major blizzard hit NY that morning and about 300 people missed the ship because the airports were closed. We had over 15 inches of snow on the deck and we couldn't go outside on any deck till mid day the second day out. An adventure to say the least.

Cheers

Len