return flight long after cruise

oceandream

:cool:Hi. We are looking at a cruise with Regent's and never sail with them. This is a really all inclusive cruise line and would like to take all the advantages regarding the inclusive flights. I am sorry if my question was answered before but could not find details on my question. After the cruise, we would like to stay a couple of months at disambarkation port, is it possible to get the return flight long after the end of the cruise? if not, is is permitted to pay deviation to get the included return flight at any date. We could possibly take the air credit but is it very low and I am not sure why it is so low. Any information on this is much appreciated.

This is definitely a question for your TA or Regent. In all of my years on Cruise Critic, I have not seen this question asked. My first reaction is that two months after the conclusion of your cruise is likely too long - even with deviation. Hope that I am wrong.

My suggestion -- if you are using Regent air, just use it for your departure.

Take the remaining credit and book your own flight for your convenience.

Or, take the whole credit and book the flights of your choice.

Simple solution--

PS - We never use Regent air. We always take their credit. We book the flights we want, at the time we want. Perhaps it is more money, but the cruise itself is so expensive, a few more dollars are worth it for our convenience. Most of the time, we use air mileage. Same story with the pre cruise hotels.

We've used Regent flights to travel home well after the cruise has ended, but not quite two months...more like two weeks. We usually bolt on some independent travel to a cruise before or after we sail and find Regent (UK) to be very flexible in accommodating our plans.

• 2 weeks later...
:cool:Hi. We are looking at a cruise with Regent's and never sail with them. This is a really all inclusive cruise line and would like to take all the advantages regarding the inclusive flights. I am sorry if my question was answered before but could not find details on my question. After the cruise, we would like to stay a couple of months at disambarkation port, is it possible to get the return flight long after the end of the cruise? if not, is is permitted to pay deviation to get the included return flight at any date. We could possibly take the air credit but is it very low and I am not sure why it is so low. Any information on this is much appreciated.

Your return may be scheduled for typically up to 30 days pre or post travel, however, some airline options may allow for a longer period to be accommodated. It is suggested that you have your Travel Agent contact the Air Services department directly at 877-722-7772 to inquire about your specific travel dates and options. Please note additional airline surcharges may apply and would be in addition to the custom air services fee.