MSC Seaside Atmosphere: Like Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean

TurtleCrossing1

We need to start a roll call.

Actually, there is one, but it's hard to get to. Seaside is not an option under MSC Roll Calls. If the link below doesn't get you there, you have to go to the line below the choices that says "If you Can't find Your Roll Call, "click here." There you can pick up MSC, then Seaside, and then March 3. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2296839

Actually, there is one, but it's hard to get to. Seaside is not an option under MSC Roll Calls. If the link below doesn't get you there, you have to go to the line below the choices that says "If you Can't find Your Roll Call, "click here." There you can pick up MSC, then Seaside, and then March 3. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2296839

I saw Seaside as an option. I started a Seaside Roll Call today (at least I think I did...)

I saw Seaside as an option. I started a Seaside Roll Call today (at least I think I did...)

Well you may have magical powers, but they may be hidden to others. Right now, there is not new Seaside Roll Call out there, and Seaside and Seaview do not exist if you try Roll call, pick MSC Cruiseline, and then try and select ship. I just hope we don't have roll calls in duplicate or triplicate. I think I'll stay with the one the was created many months ago!

Seaside has been on the Roll call list for a while: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=524

Someone on our sailing started the roll calll before I left for Europe last month. I just wish there is a M&M onboard.

It was started quite a few months before that, unless there is now a third! CC is getting a bit ridiculous on Roll Call setup and administration

Thank You! No wonder I couldn't find it.

Hi Everyone,

Debating on booking the MSC Seaside in January 2018. The one thing holding us back is the atmosphere. We are a family of four and look forward to fun and not stuffy vacations. For this reason, we generally prefer Carnival, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean, in that order...

Does anyone have any inkling on what the atmosphere of the MSC Seaside will be like? Looking for a fun vacation, that is not stuffy, if that makes sense..

It's all depend what you mean by fun . MSC is absolutely much better and upscale then CCL and NCL.

My question is about dressing for dinner, based on your previous experience with MSC cruises would slacks and a polo shirt be ok for my husband to wear to the dining room? I hope I don't get attacked for asking like some did to the OP.

My question is about dressing for dinner, based on your previous experience with MSC cruises would slacks and a polo shirt be ok for my husband to wear to the dining room? I hope I don't get attacked for asking like some did to the OP.

Yes, slacks and polo shirt are perfectly acceptable. Shorts aren't allowed at dinner. The following link shows the 'suggested' dress codes for the various evenings:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53212942&postcount=8

He won't be alone as that's what I'll be wearing most nights to dinner on our April cruise. :)

He will fit in just fine with that. To me, your question is different from the OP. I don't think the OP came across nice. In fact, it came across exactly what the OP did not want in a ship. lol

Anyway, my husband wore slacks and polo shirts for the formal nights. The other nights he wore nice looking shorts, and was not turned away.

Thank you :) I took the OP's stuffy comment to mean, like the fancy lines where you have to dress to the nines and such. I avoid those lines because I am in banking and have to dress up and wear hose every day for work and my husband has to dress up for his job, so on vacation we like to look nice but not like we are going to prom :D

He will fit in just fine with that. To me, your question is different from the OP. I don't think the OP came across nice. In fact, it came across exactly what the OP did not want in a ship. lol

Anyway, my husband wore slacks and polo shirts for the formal nights. The other nights he wore nice looking shorts, and was not turned away.

Thanks very much for responding :) I just stumbled across MSC the other day, so I am trying to figure everything out. We are tentatively booked on Seaside for June 2018.

• 2 months later...