Port Cancellations due to Hurricanes

stevenr597

Did any of the ships, going Transatlantic have to alter their stops because of the recent and ongoing Hurricanes. It seems that Oceania was scheduled to have some stops in Bermuda, and this in right in the middle of the course that many of the storms do track.

PEE-pul, PEE-pul, PEE-pul!

Let's all be calm out there. As numerous reports and articles are making clear, just about the entire cruise ship industry is in some stage of upheaval over re-planning their Caribbean itineraries.

I'd like to know as much as anyone how the November TA on Riviera will proceed. But I am also confident that Oceania will let us know as soon as they can confirm ports and/or docking spaces. The lines fully understand the pressure to redo tour packages and plans. And much as I hate to contemplate the economic fallout on all sides, I suspect many will just cancel their near-on plans and wait a year for their sun'n'sand in the Mid-American 'bath-tub.'

JMBobB

PEE-pul, PEE-pul, PEE-pul!

Let's all be calm out there. As numerous reports and articles are making clear, just about the entire cruise ship industry is in some stage of upheaval over re-planning their Caribbean itineraries.

I'd like to know as much as anyone how the November TA on Riviera will proceed. But I am also confident that Oceania will let us know as soon as they can confirm ports and/or docking spaces. The lines fully understand the pressure to redo tour packages and plans. And much as I hate to contemplate the economic fallout on all sides, I suspect many will just cancel their near-on plans and wait a year for their sun'n'sand in the Mid-American 'bath-tub.'

JMBobB

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're scheduled to stop in San Juan and Great Stirrup Cay towards the middle of Dec. I'm curious about them.

San Juan probably not from all the reports we are getting. They have a major rebuilding job to do. Many months. Great Stirrup does not seem to be impacted at all. Either way I am sure we will have a great time and can only pray for Puerto Rico and donate to their relief funds. :)

I see Oceania finally started making port updates for the islands destroyed by the hurricanes. For our Jan 3 sailing on Riviera, we have the following changes:

San Juan, Puerto Rico -> Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

St. Maarten -> St. Kitts

St. Barts is still being shown on the list, but from everything I have been reading about that island, I am pretty sure that will change too.

Not exactly what we were hoping for, but is probably better than switching to the western Caribbean like NCL, Oceania's parent company, did.

I guess they have to make arrangements with other ports to dock along with all the other cruise ships that need to change ports

it takes time & must be a logistical nightmare

It is not like pulling up to a McD's & finding it closed so you just drive to the next one ;)

TA just emailed me with our changes:

Riviera Feb 26-March 8 Carib sailing, Southern Charms, aka Capt Flokos retirement cruise, has had 2 ports changed:

San Juan is now Punta Cana, DR

St Maarten is now Basseterre, St. Kitts

San Juan is now Cadiz in Spain to be done before we cross and Great Stirrup is fine. :):)

We are on this crossing as well. I was looking forward to San Juan, but will surely have a great time in Cadiz. But I grieve as I would have loved to make my small contribution to the economy in San Juan, and now they will need it so very much. I am sure all of the CC community is terribly overwrought with the enormous hurricane destruction in the Caribbean.

The November 14th TA to Miami will need to be altered as it had planned stops in St.Maartin and St.Thomas.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Our travel agent forwarded an email from Oceania early last week with the replacement ports. If you sign in to manage your cruise you will find the replacement ports listed. When I last checked, no shore excursions were listed but that may have changed.