Melia or Hilton in Nassau

dvond

We have 3 families and have narrowed it down to these to for best places.

We are going the 1st week of November and have had bad beach experiences due t it being too rough

Thoughts?

Edited by dvond

I have never done Amelia, but Hilton is great. Check out resort for a day. I believe we paid $60 each but they give you a $40 food and drink credit.

They really limit the number of guests so look early. Food was great, beach was great, and it was a easy walk from the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've stayed at the Meliá on several land vacations as well as for work and it's a nice resort, on a quieter stretch of beach away from the busy downtown Nassau area. The water is always calm and the beach is uncrowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

mjkacmom,

What did you like better about Melia? I may want to try it if I have to go to Nassau again.

Thanks,

Larry

The Melia is a resort, big beautiful pools, huge natural beach, where the Hilton is a business hotel with a pool on a small harbor beach. We enjoyed the ride to the Melia (took a taxi, but you can also take the jitney). We've had good luck with drivers, who tell us about the island. There is also the daiquiri shack across the street.

I wrote to Melia about day passes and received a response that they can only be purchased in person and cannot be booked in advance. I sent them the link for BookATour Caribbean and they told me they are not affiliated with that site and advised me to wait to purchase.

I want to try Melia, but the 45 states all inclusive even though it doesn't include anything, food or drinks. Does anyone know if they have an online menu?

From what I've seen, there is access to food and drinks at the resort restaurants and bars depending on whom you book with.