Hurricane Irma--need reports from Poss and zqueese

RachelG

Poss, I read your report and I am thankful that you weathered the storm. Although we have not sailed together, I appreciate your commentary on CC. My best advice is to take things very slow, and focus on the small tasks that are doable to make your home home again. Small things add up to bigger things. And, accept all help that is offered. Many of us are surrounding you with positive thoughts. Jennifer

Poss:

We've never met, but we have read your posts for the longest time and are glad that you guys are fine. We are fortunate in how we fared here in south Florida and grateful for it. Hope you get back to normality soon. Now, we are worried over relatives in Puerto Rico, who we haven't been able to reach and send our prayers to all.

Z and TB

Poss, SO relieved to hear from you, and so glad you and the hubbie are safe. I was terribly worried. Hadn't been on CC the last couple of days because was in surgery all day for both, but Susan messaged me that you were fine. Now all my Florida friends have checked in safe and sound, except for landscaping damage which is costly, but can eventually be repaired. When the big ice storm hit Tulsa several years ago, we had $40,000 in tree damage alone. Big incentive to move to a house with a smaller years.

Rachel: Really glad that you saw my note. (Who is Susan?) We are definitely "safe," not so sure about the"sound" part: My brain feels a little fried, like deep-fried. You are a dear and excellent human being. Thank you many times over.

Zqueeze: I am glad that you're safe and well. I always enjoy your posts. I am so sorry about your not hearing from your Puerto Rica relatives. I hope you have by now, or if not soon. The suffering and destruction are almost beyond imagining (yet, I keep imagining and imagining. Such hurt and fear, so many places.) A hug to you and TB.

Jennifer: Thank you so much. I very much appreciate your posts as well. And it's always pleasant seeing that sweet photo.

Wendy: Thanks for your concern and for ringing in. I guess I can forgive you now for your earlier saying that you "forgot about Poss." ;p

I can't imagine even for one tiny second taking the October cruise, and no doubt will need to be here for repairs. We shall see. I haven't had a chance to ask whether one can gift a cruise to someone else. We received our documents the other day. I was, like, huh, what are these? I feel kinda still on another planet.

Edited by poss

Wendy: Thanks for your concern and for ringing in. I guess I can forgive you now for your earlier saying that you "forgot about Poss." ;p

I can't imagine even for one tiny second taking the October cruise, and no doubt will need to be here for repairs. We shall see. I haven't had a chance to ask whether one can gift a cruise to someone else. We received our documents the other day. I was, like, huh, what are these? I feel kinda still on another planet.

Sorry poss, it wasn't well said. It's just that I had several Florida friends in my mind for days, but hadn't been thinking about my CC friends who live in Florida!

You should take your cruise! If your property is at least secure, these repairs can wait, and in many cases it will take time for contractors to be available. Do it, life is too short not to!

Poss, glad you are safe and back to this forum. You deserve a break and definitely need to be pampered on your October cruise. I really want to meet you on that cruise! We are going even though My Houston daughters' home is still in disrepair and now we have to stay with them because we are between homes and will be "homeless." Will be a relief to be away from it all. I do believe that Regent should offer some concessions for those affected by either hurricane as a gesture of gratitude for its loyal sailors.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

poss, I agree with Travelcat and Wendy. If your house is secure, go on the cruise. You need a break, and I can imagine with all with widespread repairs everywhere, finding contractors etc is not going to be easy. Just take some relaxation time for yourselves.

(Susan is flossie009.)