Voyager Sept 19-28

tallship

On Voyager now. Today is Day 3. Smooth embarkation in Rome. Loved seeing so many familiar faces who go out of their way to make us feel welcome.

Voyager is beautiful after the refurbishment. Love the openness of the Coffee Connection space. Compass Rose is also fantastic. The new menu is perfection tailored to guest tastes and preferences. The beds in the suites are really comfortable as well. Only thing I miss is the drawer space under the desk area but that has been discussed elsewhere.

The art throughout the ship is well curated and placed. Great exploring these all over the ship.

Happy to answer questions.

Today we are in St. Tropez and yesterday was Portofino. The weather has been absolutely spectacular this cruise.

In Portofino we did the "Cruising the Italian Riviera" excursion....would pass next time and just wander around Portofino.

Dinner in Compass Rose was very good again. There simply cannot be any difficulty in finding something good to eat. Went to the show called Dancing Fool post dinner. The main dancer was really good and the rest of the show ....awful. Some of the vocals were off key.

Nature's Rhythm is a big hit on board.

We cancelled our excursion in St. Tropez today and just wandered around on our own for 90 minutes or so. Now by the pool for a nap. Trying to decide whether to try Chartreuse tonight....thoughts?

Regarding Chartreuse, there are so many mixed reviews (akin to reviews of Signatures). We enjoy the soup (and the way it is presented) in Chartreuse and have had great rack of lamb there. Their chicken (if offered at night -- not sure as we had it at lunch on Explorer) is tender and juicy -- very well prepared. IMO, you should give it a try!

We love Portofino and tend to do our own thing when we are there. Sounds like you are having a nice, relaxing time. Are you sailing with your DH or Mum?

Went to the show called Dancing Fool post dinner. The main dancer was really good and the rest of the show ....awful. Some of the vocals were off key.

This mirrors our experience on Explorer earlier this month - there were a few 'standout' performers, but others were...yes, awful. Some were so bad that my in-laws didn't go to many of the shows after they heard some of the singers doing solo work.

I got the impression that most of the dancers were good, with a few just mediocre.

On the other hand, I felt most of the singers were pretty bad, with a few outstanding.

Hopefully the troupes improve as time goes on. As it is, I enjoyed most of the shows I saw, but I didn't really love any of them.

So we ended up not dining in Charteuse but had another nice meal in Compass Rose with two couples that we play trivia with. Then post dinner we had a drink in the Voyager Lounge and were treated to an evening of excellent and oftentimes really raunchy Regent Karaoke. Must have been the mix of guests but there are images I will never be able to erase from my head. Was really good fun.

Natures Rhythm is my personal favorite. I hope you had a chance to see them again.

Yes, we have popped down most nights. They are in the Voyager Lounge on Deck 4 and I think they would be better suited in the Horizon Lounge as the sound might flow better. The Voyager Lounge is a really small venue so you cannot really talk and have music at the same time.

Nonetheless they had the crowd singing along to oldies such as American Pie and Sister Golden Hair....loads of fun