black card benefits on mini cruises - Magnifica

1fifthavenue

Hi all, I'm hoping either Bea or Pete will be able to help on this topic. Didn't want to hijack Minnie's thread

We've booked a mini cruise on Magnifica to try and see what the British influence is like. Will we get a complimentary meal in the speciality restaurant on a 2 night cruise?

Tim

The following is the only thing I can find in the T&Cs, Tim.

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Assets/IRELAND-t-and-c-voyagers-club.pdf:

Complimentary Speciality Restaurant “Tasting Menu” Dinner (no beverages) [black] Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 at a speciality restaurant once during the cruise (beverages excluded). Members may extend their invitation to one occupant of the same cabin. Members under 18 must be accompanied in order to enjoy the privilege.The cabin occupant can only enjoy the extended benefit once.

In fact, that's now out-of-date (even though it's still up on the website) as they've done away with 'taster' menus and now you can choose from a limited menu.

I can't find anything about there being exceptions depending on length of cruise. Perhaps Pete may find/know something from the brochure's small print.

PS .............. If you don't get a definitive answer beforehand, I'll try and get a response from the CC onboard next week - if I can get to see him/her LOL! Since the introduction of future booking cruises it's almost impossible now - the opening hours are so limited!

Edited by Beamafar

Yea we couldn't see anything about it being limited, whereas the other benfits like dancing and the party sare not available - guess we will see!

I would never book a cruise onboard - had a couple of quotes and they were way off the mark!

I totally agree. One of the "benefits" was that if the cruise price dropped after booking onboard, that you would get the price matched. However, the caveat was that it would have to be within a month - what are the chances of a price drop within a month of booking?

I didn't see any real incentive to book onboard. When discussing this with a CC, I was told that TAs would object to an "unfair" competitive edge that MSC would have if better prices were offered on the ships.

Just logged in to the cruise personalizer and can't add all inclusive! I'm sure we'll be able to buy onboard as we did before when we thought it was included with what we had booked (same cruise, but on Splendida last year!)

I wonder if this is so MSC get the extra 15%

The following is the only thing I can find in the T&Cs, Tim.

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Assets/IRELAND-t-and-c-voyagers-club.pdf:

Complimentary Speciality Restaurant “Tasting Menu” Dinner (no beverages) [black] Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 at a speciality restaurant once during the cruise (beverages excluded). Members may extend their invitation to one occupant of the same cabin. Members under 18 must be accompanied in order to enjoy the privilege.The cabin occupant can only enjoy the extended benefit once.

In fact, that's now out-of-date (even though it's still up on the website) as they've done away with 'taster' menus and now you can choose from a limited menu.

I can't find anything about there being exceptions depending on length of cruise. Perhaps Pete may find/know something from the brochure's small print.

PS .............. If you don't get a definitive answer beforehand, I'll try and get a response from the CC onboard next week - if I can get to see him/her LOL! Since the introduction of future booking cruises it's almost impossible now - the opening hours are so limited!

there is this statement in the T&Cs which gives them a get out clause to say it is not available on a 2 or 3 night cruise.

4.4 All the benefits described above will be given to members according to their level of membership. The time and place of issue of the benefit may vary depending on the cruise, destination and cruise length. Benefits may be subject to changes without prior notice due to availability and/or operational reasons. For any other information on the following or any other benefit please visit the MSC Voyagers Infopoint or the Reception - Guest Service when on board or visit www.mscvoyagersclub.co.uk.

the are also restrictions on some of the benefits

MSC Voyagers Club chocolate ship [black], a complimentary chocolate ship gift

will be crafted on board and delivered during the MSC Voyagers Club Black card ember party. Not available on cruises with less than 4 nights.

Free 1-hour dance class [black] All Black members can enjoy a free one-hour

dance class. Once per cruise and per member. It will be a group class, not individual. Not available on cruises with less than 4 nights.

Pete

there is this statement in the T&Cs which gives them a get out clause to say it is not available on a 2 or 3 night cruise.

4.4 All the benefits described above will be given to members according to their level of membership. The time and place of issue of the benefit may vary depending on the cruise, destination and cruise length. Benefits may be subject to changes without prior notice due to availability and/or operational reasons. For any other information on the following or any other benefit please visit the MSC Voyagers Infopoint or the Reception - Guest Service when on board or visit www.mscvoyagersclub.co.uk.

the are also restrictions on some of the benefits

MSC Voyagers Club chocolate ship [black], a complimentary chocolate ship gift

will be crafted on board and delivered during the MSC Voyagers Club Black card ember party. Not available on cruises with less than 4 nights.

Free 1-hour dance class [black] All Black members can enjoy a free one-hour dance class. Once per cruise and per member. It will be a group class, not individual. Not available on cruises with less than 4 nights.

Pete

I saw the get-out clause but there's nothing definitive about the complimentary dinner restrictions unlike the other "benefits" where it's specified. :confused:

I’ve booked the 2n from Hamburg, you cannot get an inclusive drinks package on this cruise, only the £30pp wine and beer at meals package.

I have also asked what perks Blacks get on short cruises, I have not found anything (yet) that says you don’t get the dinner.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve booked the 2n from Hamburg, you cannot get an inclusive drinks package on this cruise, only the £30pp wine and beer at meals package.

I have also asked what perks Blacks get on short cruises, I have not found anything (yet) that says you don’t get the dinner.......

I hope to have a definitive answer on that one next week, LB. I plan to ask the Cruise Consultant (though I'm a bit sceptical about how good their knowledge really is :rolleyes: - ask 2 CCs the same question and you're likely to get 2 different replies!).

I hope to have a definitive answer on that one next week, LB. I plan to ask the Cruise Consultant (though I'm a bit sceptical about how good their knowledge really is :rolleyes: - ask 2 CCs the same question and you're likely to get 2 different replies!).

That sounds par for the course!!!

Disappointed not choccy ship on the shorties though!

Thanks for your replies all - appreciated :)

LB - We did the same cruise on Splendida twice last year, and had the drinks package on both. It had to be purchased onboard though; I'm pretty sure it will be the same? We're wondering about getting the mealtime package and upgrading onboard but not sure whether to

• 4 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just wondering if anyone got an answer as to whether the Black card speciality meal is available on 2 night cruises.

Our son is going on the 2 night Hamburg cruise and I said I would try to find out what he can expect.

Thanks,

Julie

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just wondering if anyone got an answer as to whether the Black card speciality meal is available on 2 night cruises.

Our son is going on the 2 night Hamburg cruise and I said I would try to find out what he can expect.

Thanks,

Julie

Hi Julie

If you don't get an answer here, you could try the website. Click the Voyagers Club tab and scroll all the way to where the T&Cs link is. You may find the answer there.

Sorry not to be more helpful but I don't know the answer and am working from my phone so can't post a link.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Hi Julie

If you don't get an answer here, you could try the website. Click the Voyagers Club tab and scroll all the way to where the T&Cs link is. You may find the answer there.

Sorry not to be more helpful but I don't know the answer and am working from my phone so can't post a link.

Thanks, the website terms are a bit vague just stating what has already been posted. Typical MSC (although the other cruise line are not much better):)

I just thought someone may have had first hand experience by now, it doesn't really matter though, they will find out onboard.

It will be son's girlfriends first time on a cruise ship and she is very reluctant, he's hoping to change her mind!

Julie

For the 2n from Hamburg there is a roll call as well as another facility to interact on a web based site..... looks like it will be a bit of a mystery cruise!

Will we or won't we be able to buy a drinks package, will we or won't we get the free dinner, will it be one per person or one per cabin.....will the ship be Anglicised already with kettles and Watneys Red Barrel, .......

For the 2n from Hamburg there is a roll call as well as another facility to interact on a web based site..... looks like it will be a bit of a mystery cruise!

Will we or won't we be able to buy a drinks package, will we or won't we get the free dinner, will it be one per person or one per cabin.....will the ship be Anglicised already with kettles and Watneys Red Barrel, .......

....... not to mention Yorkshire Tea and Marmite, LB!

You definitely won't be able to buy all-inclusive drinks packages; the cruise length must be of 4 nights or more duration.

I'll send him the link to the roll call although he probably won't join it!

We're on at the end of April so hope to hear good reports,

Julie