LOS cabin change after luggage tags assigned

doublej

We've just recently been able to book PR 6305 (Ben & Jerry cabin) after previously being assigned the cabin next door, #6307. The luggage tags still show the old cabin number. Sail date is Oct 8th.. I know the rooms are beside each other, but do I need to be worried? Can I get new tags when we unload our luggage at the dock? If not, I'm thinking I can still grab my bags easily in the hall.

We've just recently been able to book PR 6305 (Ben & Jerry cabin) after previously being assigned the cabin next door, #6307. The luggage tags still show the old cabin number. Sail date is Oct 8th.. I know the rooms are beside each other, but do I need to be worried? Can I get new tags when we unload our luggage at the dock? If not, I'm thinking I can still grab my bags easily in the hall.

Contact whoever booked your cruise and request your cruise docs be re-issued. Takes about 24 hours. Once re-issued, you will then be able to download new luggage tags with the proper stateroom number.

Or, just have them make new tags at the dock.

Your choice.

I have never printed out luggage tags. Since RCI stopped sending them I just have the porters write them out. It has never been an issue.
I would be totally ashamed to admit what you do, can you imagine if all 3500 passengers did that, the ship would leave port hours late, do be considerate for your fellow cruses :o:mad:

I would be totally ashamed to admit what you do, can you imagine if all 3500 passengers did that, the ship would leave port hours late, do be considerate for your fellow cruses :o:mad:

The ship would not leave late. The ship would leave on time and anyone not on board would remain ashore.

Your response to Ocean Boy is ridiculous. There's nothing to be "ashamed" of. Many of us that have sailed for years with RCI have been getting our luggage tags from the porter's since they stopped mailing them out a few years ago.

Getting them from the porter's has no bearing on departure time. Either the porter's write the cabin # on the tags or if it's busy they hand the tags to you and you write the cabin # on them.

That has to be one of the most ridiculous posts that I have ever read on C.C. since the day I joined.:rolleyes: