Urinals in MSC Seaview & Seaside?

Oak Hill Cruisers

Wonder if the touted MSC Seaview & Seaside will have men's urinals in the public restrooms.

Not having them on the Splendida was not a reason for not booking MSC again -- we just loved that ship.

But, as a retired architect who has sailed 30 something times and visited 100 countries and dependencies, virtually all public restroom facilities I have used have had men's urinals. For most architects, it's customary & standard practice to design public facilities with men's urinals.

Not to put too fine a point on it, doing certain toilet functions in stalls used as urinals can be a nasty business -- as it was on the Splendida.

Let's hope that the design of the Seaview & Seaside has overcome this egregious design shortcoming.

Wonder if the touted MSC Seaview & Seaside will have men's urinals in the public restrooms.

Not having them on the Splendida was not a reason for not booking MSC again -- we just loved that ship.

But, as a retired architect who has sailed 30 something times and visited 100 countries and dependencies, virtually all public restroom facilities I have used have had men's urinals. For most architects, it's customary & standard practice to design public facilities with men's urinals.

Not to put too fine a point on it, doing certain toilet functions in stalls used as urinals can be a nasty business -- as it was on the Splendida.

Let's hope that the design of the Seaview & Seaside has overcome this egregious design shortcoming.

is that

a) shocking?

b) good?

Definition

adjective

adjective: egregious

1. outstandingly bad; shocking.

"egregious abuses of copyright"

2.archaic:- remarkably good.

link

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=meaning+of++egregious+

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 8 months later...

Granted, I am female, but I don't see what the big fuss is about urinals? There are no urinals in the cabins, and (presumably) none in the OP's home. There must be many times in a man's life when he needs to use the facilities and only a toilet is available. Why is it such a big deal if the same is true for the 'public' restrooms on the ship?

From a woman's perspective, the worst toilets I have ever encountered have been ones that were holes in the floor. If this is what I had on a cruise ship, I wouldn't enjoy it, but that in and of itself wouldn't cause me to not cruise that line again if everything else was good.

Granted, I am female, but I don't see what the big fuss is about urinals? There are no urinals in the cabins, and (presumably) none in the OP's home. There must be many times in a man's life when he needs to use the facilities and only a toilet is available. Why is it such a big deal if the same is true for the 'public' restrooms on the ship?

From a woman's perspective, the worst toilets I have ever encountered have been ones that were holes in the floor. If this is what I had on a cruise ship, I wouldn't enjoy it, but that in and of itself wouldn't cause me to not cruise that line again if everything else was good.

Go into a men's bathroom at the next event you attend (sports, concert, mall) and you will see what a toilet stall looks like. Keep in mind, men stand up and tons of people just don't care about how clean they are... so I am sure you can figure the rest out. It can get rather disgusting.

Go into a men's bathroom at the next event you attend (sports, concert, mall) and you will see what a toilet stall looks like. Keep in mind, men stand up and tons of people just don't care about how clean they are... so I am sure you can figure the rest out. It can get rather disgusting.

I work in a special education school with mostly Autism...I always try to take my male students to the bathroom with the urinals...lets just say their aim isn't always good . I've seen what happens to a floor where aim is not good 😉

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Based on my experience I kept wondering why all the restrooms smelled like a cat's litter box. Noticing the wet marble/granite floors I'm guessing over time the men missing the toilet has let the wetness permeate the marble.

So a design "perk" turned into a practical issue.

Sure hope so.

• 1 month later...