LIVE from the Grandeur of the Seas - Canada/NE Sept 21-30

CLE2CRUISE

Where did you have that lobster in Bar Harbor please? Cost? We will be doing this cruise in July and I need all the info I can get!

There are lobsters and lobster rolls everywhere in Bar Harbor. Great Ice cream too! That one was on special for $20 at Bar Harbor Beerworks. I'm attaching the menu. I saw them ranging up to $28 and some of the more expensive are already cracked. 26ec172d45e62e2942c8c09dddfca49d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were there questions about tendering? I know I didn't really understand it myself. Basically you cram about 150 ppl into these small covered ferry type boats and zoom across the bay. It was all well organized and easy from my perspective. The trip took about 15-20 mins with wait time. 94107feed8c980b12913a9b39e3f30d2.jpg0267ced7ef6d58a1e3d82d61d90f3a01.jpg

Hi !

Glad you are enjoying your cruise. DH and I will be sailing on the Grandeur in a few weeks. A few questions for you: Did the RC provide shuttle service to the Quincy Market area ? Do you know who the Diamond Concierge and Suite Concierge are ?

Thank you !

No shuttle service to Quincy unless you were on a tour or excursion. We took an Uber for about $9. I'm afraid I don't know anything about diamonds and suites - this is our first cruise and we're in the cheap seats :)

Do you book Giovanni's pre cruise or wait until you board and use your BOGO coupon?

We bought the bogo pre cruise. When we got on we asked about reservations (had been told they would be premade) but the person just made them for us right then. We wound up having to change the second night and it was no problem at all.

The specialty restaurants do not seem very crowded, so maybe that's why, but there seem to be lots of discounts offered. Every time we are at a meal someone comes by and offers a speciality for 30% off. We even booked the chefs table for that on our second to last night :). Who has done that before? What should I expect?

Very nice review so far! Have only cruised on the Freedom and the big girls so this is my first time reading and viewing the Grandeur. It looks like a very nice ship and Bar Harbor looked like a neat place to visit. Hope the waters settle and you enjoy the rest of your trip. Looking forward to seeing more of the ship and port! Enjoy!

Barbara

Time for some late night fun. Viking Crown Lounge. Boy is it pretty from up here! And so swank! Plus it's a good place to watch the TV when it's chilly out. You can't see it here but that's an NFL game. Redskins v Raiders. The games were mostly broadcast here today though there were some occasional outages. bfc66124ba129f689b09bb6f5a2e36c4.jpg14e22d64c24201143ddfca17ac1daf8a.jpg7aa861d5012397819e25710eed8057b0.jpgf5b68a78118162d0643f540e54588818.jpg

Hi there: We are sailing in March. Just a quick question about the Bars, and specifically the R-Bar. Does it have all types of drinks? The listing on the RC website suggests it is very specific drinks only...Gimlets, Old Fashions?

Also, do you think there are enough Bars? Do you wait long? It seems to me that there may be long line-ups.

Hi there: We are sailing in March. Just a quick question about the Bars, and specifically the R-Bar. Does it have all types of drinks? The listing on the RC website suggests it is very specific drinks only...Gimlets, Old Fashions?

Also, do you think there are enough Bars? Do you wait long? It seems to me that there may be long line-ups.

I haven't had to wait for a drink at all anywhere. Been to the Schooner bar, pool bar, Solarium bar, Viking crown and Centrum bar. The only slight delay was at the centrum right before dinner opened next door and that was about a minute and a half. I'll look for Rbar tonight- I haven't even heard of it. The Schooner bar and solarium were a little more limited but they still had plenty of options. And the crew is amazing, as everyone says. They'll go get you whatever you want. Side note, the drinks are not weak, as I'd heard mentioned and the bartenders are happy to add an extra shot if you want it. If you don't like strong drinks you might have to warn them :)

Speaking of drinks.....I think I like this cruising stuff :D

1a7bc0b72e08aae025fda38739079930.jpg

Do you book Giovanni's pre cruise or wait until you board and use your BOGO coupon?

I book it as soon as I get on the ship and let them know it will be a BOGO. Never a problem getting a time we are satisfied with.....I don't like eating late and I've never seen Giovanni's really crowded, at least not the first night. We also like to get in touch with the MDR to let them know we won't be there for that night (but, that is not necessary). Just like to be courteous.

Gwen :D

Thanks for your reply. The R-bar is on deck 4 near centrum. Please let me know their selection. And if you like Gimlets or Old Fashions, you may want to stay awhile? Lol.

Thanks, Jeff

Oh that bar! I just called it Centrum bar I guess.

That was a big one with the most options!

Looking like fun so far. My drinks were weak on the Majesty a couple weeks ago. We didn't have the drink package so maybe that's why. We are discussing getting it for our Grandeur cruise. Maybe I could get it and tell DH it's his Xmas or birthday present or something...lol.

By the way...dip your toe in the pool today. They bring in the water from the ocean and when we did the Canada cruise, that pool water was ice cold. My kids, were like 12-14 then, liked to jump in pool like a polar plunge and then hop into hot tub while watching movie on big screen. I sat with drink and blanket (on Carnival they gave out blankets at the towel stand) and watched them and movie.

Thanks for sharing! Enjoying your style.

Looking like fun so far. My drinks were weak on the Majesty a couple weeks ago. We didn't have the drink package so maybe that's why. We are discussing getting it for our Grandeur cruise. Maybe I could get it and tell DH it's his Xmas or birthday present or something...lol.

By the way...dip your toe in the pool today. They bring in the water from the ocean and when we did the Canada cruise, that pool water was ice cold. My kids, were like 12-14 then, liked to jump in pool like a polar plunge and then hop into hot tub while watching movie on big screen. I sat with drink and blanket (on Carnival they gave out blankets at the towel stand) and watched them and movie.

Thanks for sharing! Enjoying your style.

That's a great idea! He can't complain about a gift ;)

I actually just got out of the pool

Because it was too hot. And the solarium pool was even warmer. Maybe it'll Cool off when we get further north. I kind of hope so. Your kids polar plunge idea sounds fun :). It's a beautiful day up here anyway!! : D

eca929daad6e4efc3e813ab4a02de5eb.jpg

I book it as soon as I get on the ship and let them know it will be a BOGO. Never a problem getting a time we are satisfied with.....I don't like eating late and I've never seen Giovanni's really crowded, at least not the first night. We also like to get in touch with the MDR to let them know we won't be there for that night (but, that is not necessary). Just like to be courteous.

Gwen :D

For the your time dining, do you have to make resies for each night? How do we do that? Before cruise or when we get on ship? Is Giovanni's open for lunch? Can you just walk up for lunch?

We bought the bogo pre cruise. When we got on we asked about reservations (had been told they would be premade) but the person just made them for us right then. We wound up having to change the second night and it was no problem at all.

The specialty restaurants do not seem very crowded, so maybe that's why, but there seem to be lots of discounts offered. Every time we are at a meal someone comes by and offers a speciality for 30% off. We even booked the chefs table for that on our second to last night :). Who has done that before? What should I expect?

Thank you for your fab review. We are doing this cruise next month so are following with interest! We have done the chefs table on other ships and loved it. It is a 5 course meal with wine pairing. A small dinner table of up to 16 guests enjoy the meal which can take up to 2 hours to complete! Most people dress up smart casual or formal. I think you may be going on formal night?

Please can you post the menu on here so we can see if there is much different to the Chefs Table menu on other ships.

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Sent from my SM-T710 using Forums mobile app