For those who know Levi Baron ( Bumpiing Tours )

erniesband

Hi, we've heard via Levi's Facebook page that he and his family including Uncle Leonard up on the mountain, are safe and doing the best they can under the circumstances. They need all the help they can get. There is a fund raising effort started by a friend at http://www.youcaring.com look for Hurricane Relief: Bumpiing Tours and the Levi Baron Family. He has to walk 4 miles to get cell service and the phone batteries are getting low so contact is very sparse.

We hope that our cruise that was supposed to go to Dominica in February can still go there, but it doesn't look promising.

Thank you for posting this. Such a beautiful island. My heart breaks for Dominica and there friendly , wonderful people. Levi was a wonderful host when we toured with him in 2016. Glad to hear he and his family are physically OK.

Thanks for sharing this. I have given to a large charity, but I am so happy to be able to help Levi directly. We've only been to Dominica twice, but I always tell people it's my favorite island. It breaks my heart to think about the devastation of such a beautiful place, and the suffering of the people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's an update from Levi.

Hello XXX,

How are you doing. Wanted to get to you sooner but had very limited internet/cell phone connection. I am doing fine, family is not too bad either. I had to fly my mom to Antigua to be with my sister and to get so medical care since the smoke from people burning stuff and the smell of the area was affecting her breathing. She lost her roof and all he belonging in her house but I was able to salvage some of her clothing
smiley-frown.gif
. My house is standing but the drywall got soaked and so will form mold so I could not have her there too long but I will have to take my chances there until I am able to remove them
smiley-frown.gif
. Liat Airline was giving out free flights to Antigua since commercial flights can't land in Dominica as yet and I was able to get on one and get her out yesterday afternoon. That's where I am right now since she would not fly without me. My sister told me you asked about us so I wanted to get to you as soon as I was able to. Wanted to also let you know my uncle is also doing fine in the woods, they were all safe but their farm took a beating. Right now the Island is in a mess and just about every building and area on the Island was affected. I will post a few pictures on my Facebook page hopefully over the weekend, I did not take many pictures since it was so heart-breaking and confusing at the same time but you will see some areas even if I bet you all have seen quite a few on-line.

Thanks for donating on the page Becky started and thanks for letting others know about it. I truly appreciate it and will thank everyone who donated my the weekend into next week. I have more than 200 emails from people who are trying to find out how I am doing so I am going to see how far I can get in my responses.

Take care and hopefully we will see soon. Say hi to everyone.

Best Regards,

Levi Baron.

• 6 months later...

I have been in contact with Levi recently and things are still bad there. Levi is incredibly upbeat and is always touched that we all remember him and have him and his family in our thoughts. Much of Dominica is still without power and he still has to travel quite far to get internet, so if you email him, be patient in awaiting a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am happy to report that Levi is doing great.  We toured with him to Champagne Reef, Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls, and Morne Bruce last Sunday, which happened to be his birthday.

As always he was a great guide.  He gets wet and points out all the different fish and plants on the reef.  At Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls he was very safety conscious.  The swim at the Gorge was exhilarating 😂.

The recovery of Dominica from Hurricane Maria is continuing.  Some houses still have tarps over their roofs and repairing the roads continues.  Levi was excited because the wi-fi to his house was finally restored to his house the day before our tour...just in time for the NFL playoffs. 

The recovery of the rain forest was incredible, but not surprising since it gets so much rain.   

Visit Levi at bumpiingtours.com. for a great Dominica tour.

We have also just returned from a cruise that called into Dominica where I had booked a tour with Levi. I can also thoroughly recommend his tours, he looks after everyone so well and gives a great insight into his island. He was excellent at responding to emails and is do passionate about Dominica.