Deal Alert Oasis and Allure October and November 2017

molly361

I'd book the cruise and then call C&A to have the free grats applied.

Not booking - just curious to see if it would apply both. There is also a resident credit for that cruise for TN. Junior Suite with C&A and resident discount was $2991 after all taxes / fees. With free gratuities not a bad price.

Edit: price moving around. Now same room is $2693 all in.

Good to know that I can call C&A to have those credits stacked when not specifically excluded.

Thanks.

Edited by thrifty99

Don't know one can only hope!! I priced the OA 10/29 yesterday and got that price for 2 people (guarantee cabin) but could not get it for just one person Was thinking Dan could stay home with the dog:halo:

$1,149 pp for a JS Gty, plus free gratuities. That's incredible!

Probably have more to do with cancellations and unsold staterooms than anything else. Got some really good rates on our 10/8 OA sailing - $2,200 in a balcony for 4 pax, taxes & fees included.

Allure lost lots of money last week as there was 100 more crew than passengers for the short 4 day sailing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm booked and have already paid my balance in full. What are the chances of having RC price match? I paid $629pp for interior guarantee for 11/26 Oasis which is now showing $499. These are both prices before tax and fees.

None - however if a category above yours is the same or less than you paid for your interior guarantee, you could "upgrade" for free (or at little cost, if its slightly more expensive).

None - however if a category above yours is the same or less than you paid for your interior guarantee, you could "upgrade" for free (or at little cost, if its slightly more expensive).

Yup, this is correct. I called my TA after posting and because I've been assigned a room already from my guarantee, my reservation is now worth the assigned room amount which is currently $928pp. It does sting a little that I could have saved $130pp by waiting but knowing that I have a larger interior room on a higher deck takes the edge off the sting.

I should say before people comment on fighting for lower interior room rate, I don't really care where I'm put on the boat so I like going for the lowest rate. That way I can justify spending more on amenities like the drink package, premium dining, etc. I only use the room for sleep and storage.

Yup, this is correct. I called my TA after posting and because I've been assigned a room already from my guarantee, my reservation is now worth the assigned room amount which is currently $928pp. It does sting a little that I could have saved $130pp by waiting but knowing that I have a larger interior room on a higher deck takes the edge off the sting.

I should say before people comment on fighting for lower interior room rate, I don't really care where I'm put on the boat so I like going for the lowest rate. That way I can justify spending more on amenities like the drink package, premium dining, etc. I only use the room for sleep and storage.

Not quite - the room is "worth" what you paid for it, not what today's price is. If you try to upgrade, you would pay the difference between the cost of the cabin you're upgrading to and what you paid, not what the cabin you're in currently costs.

That being said, if the cabin you were assigned is that much more then yes, you saved a good chunk of money!

When I add my C&A discount the free gratuities disappeared so it did not combine those.

It is combinable. Supposedly the free gratuities will be posted to the reservation 7 days or so after the deposit is paid.

mac_tlc

I noticed the free grats all the way out to Jan 2019 on Allure yesterday.

I check my rates every day and didnt see this yeaterday for my August 12 Allure sailing. I didnt look today but will most certainly look tomorrow. Thanks.

Are you thinking these price reductions are due to the storm changed itineraries? Like maybe we will see more price reductions?

Probably, since you have no clue where you'll really go. I may cancel my January cruise, since final payment is not due till end of October. If I wanted to go to the Bahamas, I would not drive 8 hours to a port to do it, would drive 2 hours to Charleston. I realize the cruise line has no control over the weather or what happens to the port, so not blaming them. Just stating a fact. I choose cruises out of hurricane season based on ports. There are just some I have no desire to sail to, Mexican ones included and right now, those and the Bahamas seem to be the destinations taking the place of closed ports. Dang it all!