Evening attire, Rhapsody?

PrincessPete

Hi all, we are on the Rhapsody next Saturday for a 7 night Greek Isles cruise from Venice (mega excited does not begin to explain!!).

I believe there will be two formal nights. Do most/many passengers dress formally - bow ties for men etc?

Are the other nights all "Casual" or will men wear jacket and tie?

We love dressing up for the evenings on a cruise but I am not trying to start a thread on the rights and wrongs of "dressing up" merely trying to find out the current position.

Many thanks and kind regards to all

Peter

Did similar cruise from Venice this past May.

Lots of Europeans and they do like to dress up but not so much formal (Tuxes, evening gowns) rather very elegant / smart casual / trendy.

Have a greta cruise and don't let what other folks are wearing put your off.

Be sure to visit chops. Rhapsody does it right, the way it use to be when Chops first opened. By far one of the better Chops experiences on RCCL. We went twice.

The crew on Rhapsody are excellent always happy, and they go out of their way to make you feel special. The benefit of a smaller ship...IMO

Happy Cruising

We just returned on Saturday from a 7-night cruise from Venice on Rhapsody and it was the best cruise we have been on. Yes, two formal nights, some men wore tuxes but I would say the majority wore good suits, shirts and ties. The ladies wore long, short, mid-length but all very smart. Have a great time!

• 1 month later...
We just returned on Saturday from a 7-night cruise from Venice on Rhapsody and it was the best cruise we have been on. Yes, two formal nights, some men wore tuxes but I would say the majority wore good suits, shirts and ties. The ladies wore long, short, mid-length but all very smart. Have a great time!

I wonder if it will be the same in the carribean when she is in Tampa. Someone should be able to comment on that as she is in Tampa now

I wonder if it will be the same in the carribean when she is in Tampa. Someone should be able to comment on that as she is in Tampa now

We cruised on Rhapsody out of Tampa this past January. Same formal night experience.

• 1 month later...

We were shocked to see many men wearing shorts and sandals in the MDR on Rhapsody on the December 3rd sailing. Not just on the first night, but throughout the cruise. I asked the section manager and she shrugged her shoulders and said it’s only a guideline on the dress code. But then she said some folks were missing luggage mid-week because the airline never transferred the bags! Also saw a couple of men wearing cowboy or baseball hats.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you so much but that is not the route we will be on. Board in Tampa. Key West, Cruising, Cozumel, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cruising and Tampa.

Don't recall seeing that one lately, hopefully someone else knows of a scan.