Personal Belongings

Banana15

This question can be applied to pretty much any port, I assume. However, Grand Cayman seems to be the location that we have the question about. We are planning to go parasailing and spending the rest of the day on the beach. What does everyone do with their personal belongings while they are parasailing? Or even while they are on the beach? I don’t plan to bring anything of too much value, but I will probably have my phone, a Camera, and some cash/credit cards. Obviously I don’t intend to go up in the air with those on me, so what do I do with them?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While you're on the boat, just leave your stuff ON the boat while you're in the air! It will be fine.

At the beach, you won't be THAT far from your stuff while you take a quick dip. I stick my cc and seapass into the pages of my paperback (no one wants an old book) while I take a dip. I've never brought a camera or my phone to the beach, so I've never worried about that being stolen.

There are some "waterproof" containers you can take INTO the water with you, if you are planning on being in the water for a long time...but what a hassle that would be! You can find others from your ship on the beach (everyone has the same towels!!), and you could ask nicely if your neighbor would keep an eye on your stuff while you get wet. Your credit card, ship's key and even cash CAN get wet. Hubby will put those things in his velcro pocket on his swim trunks.

Don't leave your valuables on the beach while you swim. There have been a few incidents (2-3 over the last year) of items being stolen. Get one of the waterproof neck bags for cash, credit cards, etc. at the very least. While the odds are small that something will happen, it would put a damper on your day if things got taken.

While on the beach we use a KYSS bag. You lock it to your lounge chair.

KYSS stands for keep your stuff safe.

If someone really wants to get your stuff they probably could, but if they just grab my bag, they will be dragging the lounge chair with them.

For the parasailing you should bring your stuff, they probably have a place for it in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If someone really wants to get your stuff they probably could, but if they just grab my bag, they will be dragging the lounge chair with them.

For the parasailing you should bring your stuff, they probably have a place for it in the boat.

Wow!!! I've never seen those before. Did you order yours online or did you find it in a store?

That would be super helpful. Not even just for this trip.

Have you ever had problems getting on a plane or anything? Ya never know if they consider that chain a weapon.

Have you ever had problems getting on a plane or anything? Ya never know if they consider that chain a weapon.

I have not had any problems. I would usually have it in my big checked suitcase.

I have seen others carrying one on the plane as their purse or carry on bag.