Any updates on what ships have the Coke Freestyle Machines? SUMMER 2016

I did a quick search on the forum and royal's site. I know there was a list on Royal's site, but a search couldn't get it to come up. I've found that where on Royal's site you search has some bearing on results. (only looking at the American website) Today the only thing I could find was a statement that this was a North American offering and that they were exploring options to add this fleet wide.

Obviously I'm watching Adventure and I know a lot of people have been watching Liberty, but Royal seems silent on the subject. The machines were added to Majesty sometime between my 2010 and 2013 cruise and on Jewel between my 2012 and 2014 cruise. What was the last existing ship to have them added? Every ship since then (Harmony and the Quantum classes have them) I assume they are still on the Quantum?

Coke Freestyle? The mind boggles. Or it might if ..... :confused:

Are these the machines that give you a sugar high rather than a ... some other high?

It is a single drinks machine that can dispense many many many different flavours of soda/soft drinks. If you have a Five Guys near you in the UK, they have them too now in their stores.

It is disappointing in 2016 and barely half the fleet has these Freestyle machines.

A fair statement, but I am most disappointed in Royal's lack of communication on the matter. So many of us here try to put logic to things and that probably confounds her. Why would they have them on Freedom and not Liberty. Maybe Coke is the issue and not Royal? I'm counting down the days and in all likelyhood will have a great 2017 cruise, but I'm a compulsive planner.

This is the list I've kept, but I don't know about Ovation:

Allure, Anthem, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Grandeur, Harmony, Jewel, Majesty, Oasis, Quantum

Thanks for that, I keep looking for logic in the why and which ones, but can't find it.

I am also wondering about this. We are on Liberty next year ,August 2017. I'm not a big adult drink person and neither is my daughter. We do however enjoy coke zero and diet coke. Purchasing per can gets expensive and out of the hose at the bar is like drinking dirty seltzer just does NOT taste right. So I'm prayingbthey get the freestyle machines on Liberty by then. It was so nice on Oasis to have all those choices. Even last summer I think it was Navigator we were on and it had the free style machines.

I am also wondering about this. We are on Liberty next year ,August 2017. I'm not a big adult drink person and neither is my daughter. We do however enjoy coke zero and diet coke. Purchasing per can gets expensive and out of the hose at the bar is like drinking dirty seltzer just does NOT taste right. So I'm prayingbthey get the freestyle machines on Liberty by then. It was so nice on Oasis to have all those choices. Even last summer I think it was Navigator we were on and it had the free style machines.

To my knowledge, Navigator has not had the Freestyle machines.

Bill, it's RC, you will only frustrate yourself looking for logic.:rolleyes:

I should know better. I work for a Fortune 50 company that employs nearly a million people world wide. I should be used to, "because that is the way it has always been", "Its impossible to change" or various other answerss.

To my knowledge, Navigator has not had the Freestyle machines.

I was wondering about that when they wrote that, If Navigator had them, they would have had to have been added when she was in Galveston, I was thinking back that Oceanboy and I boarded Oasis and Navigator on the same day and I got the newer style drink cup and he got the older. But I guess that doesn't prove that Navigator has the Freestyle machines. The last time I had the coke sticker on my Seapass and there were no Freestyle machines would have been Jewel in 2012 and I got tired of hiding my soda cup to get the bar tenders to wait on me.

Fixed it lol. Grandeur not Nav.

I am also wondering about this. We are on Liberty next year ,August 2017. I'm not a big adult drink person and neither is my daughter. We do however enjoy coke zero and diet coke. Purchasing per can gets expensive and out of the hose at the bar is like drinking dirty seltzer just does NOT taste right. So I'm prayingbthey get the freestyle machines on Liberty by then. It was so nice on Oasis to have all those choices. Even last summer we were on the Grandeur and it had the free style machines.

Edited by toxicfairy

• 4 weeks later...
Fixed it lol. Grandeur not Nav.

I am also wondering about this. We are on Liberty next year ,August 2017. I'm not a big adult drink person and neither is my daughter. We do however enjoy coke zero and diet coke. Purchasing per can gets expensive and out of the hose at the bar is like drinking dirty seltzer just does NOT taste right. So I'm prayingbthey get the freestyle machines on Liberty by then. It was so nice on Oasis to have all those choices. Even last summer we were on the Grandeur and it had the free style machines.

Coke Zero is a big draw for me on a cruise as well. I can use the caffeine to get to the night time fun hours, but reducing sugar on the cruise helps me keep the weight gain down a bit. It's barely related, but I, in my ignorance thought Coke Zero would replace Diet Coke by now. It tastes so much better, but I guess after many years people are use to it and think Zero tastes too sweet.

I was disappointed when I found out that they don't have the Freestyle Machines on Adventure (we board in less than 3 weeks). This is only my third Royal cruise, and the other 2 ships had them (Grandeur and Freedom). Hubby and I are diabetic, and I am also very sensitive to caffeine, so my beverage choices are really limited when I can't get Sprite Zero, diet ginger ale, and all the other calorie-free, caffeine-free choices a Freestyle machine provides. It'll be diet Sprite or water for me all week.

Ah well, could be worse - I could be going to work instead.

:)

Janis

• 1 year later...