hotels new york Oct 6th 2017

hotrod610

Or look down the board...many recommendations.

As we don't know your plans- how long you are staying, what you are doing, what your budget is (NYC can be pretty expensive) or anything else about you, hard to make recommendations.

Also number of people. Midtown, downtown? Max budget? It's a Sunday night so hotels will be more expensive.

we would like to ne in New York 2 people three days not sure of budget 200 to 250 per day is that out of line for price.

OK. The ship is still a mystery and I'm looking at the wrong day of the week. So far we're doing well. :).

Anyway Oct 6, 2017 is a Friday. It is also the Friday of Columbus Day weekend. And it's also too early to look for prices for 2017. Columbus Day weekend seems to be selling well this year. For 2016 I'm not seeing any centrally located hotels with a base rate of under $250, which would be close to $300 when you add taxes.

My advice is to start checking prices at 11 months out. Look at the LaQuinta on 32nd St right by Macy's, Herald Square, and the Empire State. Holiday Inn, Ramada, Travelodge, and Comfort Inn are also more modest hotels with a Manhattan presence. Kayak is a good place to look. I also like LastMinuteTravel, aa.com, and United.com. If you see a cancellable hotel with an acceptable price, book it and keep looking. Consider booking a non cancellable hotel if you see a terrific price. If you want to be in Manhattan, look for a hotel that is centrally located in midtown Manhattan (14th St - 57th St between Lexington Ave and 8th Ave) or in lower Manhattan near Wall St and the 911 Memorial.

• 11 months later...
We booked into james nomad any advice about tours etc

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

HoHo Buses are great for the first time visitor. Museums offer free tours with admission check with website. If you want skip the line tours or specialized tours look on Viator dot com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked into james nomad any advice about tours etc

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

Need a little more info. What are your interests? Mobility? Tours, dining, just places to visit?

From your location, if you're able to walk, you can see a lot of Manhattan by foot. The HOHO could fill in the Downtown and possibly Uptown, just realize they will be driving through some of the worst urban traffic in the world (Uptown loop generally better than Midtown/Downtown loop). It's very easy to over-plan a trip to Manhattan and find yourself exhausted. I'd highly recommend figuring out a few things you really want to see, and plan accordingly.