SOS HELP!!! Seaside AFT Aurea suite or YC1?

seadude

Hi, after more than 20 cruises I never thought that I was going to ask for a cabin advice but this one seems a hard one. Got a Black card match and we are going to try the Divina YC1 on April but I want to reserve the Seaside for March 2018 and seems open all the AFT Aurea suites. I love the wake and the wrap around seems very tempting. We don't drink so Sprite and water will be good for us so the all inclusive package of the YC don't matter too much for us but the private area, the Muse restaurant and the extra perks will be cool to have. YC1 its $5,400 Aurea AFT Suites are $3,700

I think this boils down to personal preference. I have sailed on the divina in an aft and in YC. I realize I'm in the minority but I did not find the YC over the top. It was nice- very nice- but not exceptional. Based on the drawings for seaside, I'd positively choose the aft wrap around balcony over YC- especially at those price points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YC1 $5400? Is that for two people? 7 days?

I'm asking because I was doing some looking yesterday for around April/May 2018 and the price for two for 7 days was more in the low $4,000s.:confused:

No its for 7 days and 4 guest 2 adults and my 2 daughters

I think this boils down to personal preference. I have sailed on the divina in an aft and in YC. I realize I'm in the minority but I did not find the YC over the top. It was nice- very nice- but not exceptional. Based on the drawings for seaside, I'd positively choose the aft wrap around balcony over YC- especially at those price points.

Hi, BermudaBound:)\

I stated above that I think his pricing is off. I see mid-March 2018 at $4584 without the 5% discount. That's the height of Spring Break. The next month, after Easter, which is April 1 next year, it drops. I didn't do the pricing for the non YC suites.

Hope all is well with you.

Hi guys I just made my booking for an AFT suite on 15 floor. The braking point was the space of the cabin the Aurea Suite has 330 sq. ft. and the YC1 only has 230 Sq. Ft. so with this numbers in hand was better to have a 40% bigger room for a 40% cheaper. I know that the YC it is really nice but also the Aurea has some nice perks. Thanks to all for the advices and I think that until they don't publish all the floor planes and cabin layout booking this kind of units are a gamble, you can win or loose.

Hi guys I just made my booking for an AFT suite on 15 floor. The braking point was the space of the cabin the Aurea Suite has 330 sq. ft. and the YC1 only has 230 Sq. Ft. so with this numbers in hand was better to have a 40% bigger room for a 40% cheaper. I know that the YC it is really nice but also the Aurea has some nice perks. Thanks to all for the advices and I think that until they don't publish all the floor planes and cabin layout booking this kind of units are a gamble, you can win or loose.

Sounds wonderful. I've had an aft cabin and also been in YC - and I think you've made the right choice. Hope you have a great cruise.

I just booked for a March 2018 cruise. All the Aurea aft balconies are gone, but there are several non aft ones available on deck 9. The balconies are much larger on this deck, but it is over the buffet. I would never take a cabin under the buffet, but have had ones over the dining rooms and did not hear a thing. I opted to take one of the Fantastica suites right next to the Aurea ones. It is the same size and the main difference is the use of a sundeck (we prefer to stay on our balcony) and the restriction to 12 included drinks per person instead of unlimited. As we are not drinkers, it did not seem worth the extra $1000 it would have cost for the cabin. I was toying with the idea of the YC, but the suites are smaller and for the extra $2000, we could go on a second week's cruise in a suite. Hope we are making the right choice.

We have a Deck 14 Aft suite booked for the Xmas cruise this year, previously had a Deck 10 Aft balcony on the first T.A to Miami, the aft Seaside suites will have great views along with the choice of being at the back or along the side with the wraparound balconies.

We have a Deck 14 Aft suite booked for the Xmas cruise this year, previously had a Deck 10 Aft balcony on the first T.A to Miami, the aft Seaside suites will have great views along with the choice of being at the back or along the side with the wraparound balconies.

I also have an aft deck 14 Suite (14262) booked for May 2018. Please please take pics and do a review. I hope 🤞 I made the right choice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

I'm currently in the same boat as you, so to speak! I have a YC suite booked for our family of four, but there's an aft balcony open...do we know the size of the aft suite for sure? Is there only a double sofa bed in the aft suite? It looks beautiful with the wraparound balcony, but I'm wondering if YC perks will be worth it on what will probably be a sold out cruise?

I'm currently in the same boat as you, so to speak! I have a YC suite booked for our family of four, but there's an aft balcony open...do we know the size of the aft suite for sure? Is there only a double sofa bed in the aft suite? It looks beautiful with the wraparound balcony, but I'm wondering if YC perks will be worth it on what will probably be a sold out cruise?

I have such an urge to say don't give up the YC, P. The cabin may not be as fabulous as the aft one may be (and until people start sailing it looks like that info isn't being made available by MSC anytime soon) but at least you'll have the enclave to escape to if the ship is packed and chaotic. I know that we felt that way on Meraviglia. I don't think we'd have enjoyed our cruise were it not for the fact that we were in YC. The level of service and attention we received - especially when things were going wrong for us - was way above anything we would have experienced had we been in "steerage" (for want of a better word).

That's what I think, Bea! I've read the reviews of the first sailings of Meraviglia and I know there are hiccups. But I feel like in YC we won't feel them quite so much. We booked the first cruise out of Miami on 12/23. It's the kids first cruise. It's Christmas. While it is going to be tight in a YC suite, I feel like the advantages are going to outweigh the cons in this case....but then there's the price difference. Almost $2,000! So I'm on the fence. Final payment is due today, though...

Thank you for your input.

I have such an urge to say don't give up the YC, P. The cabin may not be as fabulous as the aft one may be (and until people start sailing it looks like that info isn't being made available by MSC anytime soon) but at least you'll have the enclave to escape to if the ship is packed and chaotic. I know that we felt that way on Meraviglia. I don't think we'd have enjoyed our cruise were it not for the fact that we were in YC. The level of service and attention we received - especially when things were going wrong for us - was way above anything we would have experienced had we been in "steerage" (for want of a better word).

With two younger children that will not want to be in the YC area all day and having you and your wife about the ship with them, I would have chosen the same cabin. You really wouldn't be using the YC to its potential if you really weren't utilizing it. Enjoy!