MSC Seaside Atmosphere: Like Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean

TurtleCrossing1

Hi Everyone,

Debating on booking the MSC Seaside in January 2018. The one thing holding us back is the atmosphere. We are a family of four and look forward to fun and not stuffy vacations. For this reason, we generally prefer Carnival, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean, in that order...

Does anyone have any inkling on what the atmosphere of the MSC Seaside will be like? Looking for a fun vacation, that is not stuffy, if that makes sense..

Hi Everyone,

Debating on booking the MSC Seaside in January 2018. The one thing holding us back is the atmosphere. We are a family of four and look forward to fun and not stuffy vacations. For this reason, we generally prefer Carnival, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean, in that order...

Does anyone have any inkling on what the atmosphere of the MSC Seaside will be like? Looking for a fun vacation, that is not stuffy, if that makes sense..

I do not think anyone can answer that for you - since the Seaside has not yet launched.

From what we've read the Seaside is being developed specifically for the American/Caribbean market - so we are hoping that it's "less european" than some of the other MSC ship. It sounds like it maybe me more like cruising used to be - dressing for dinner, etc.

But what ever it turns out to be - we decided it was time for something new and different and have her booked for February 2018. ;)

I know. I'm just trying to figure out what type of people are booked on her.

Purely speculation as no one really knows but I'm expecting an atmosphere similar to the big NCL ships (Escape, Getaway, etc.) although with a slightly more "upscale" clientèle.

What type of people? Hhmmmmm [emoji848]

Let's see, how can you tell? Are they Loud, obnoxious, happy, serious, young,old, kids everywhere, happy drunks, lovers, haters, overweight people eating everything at the buffet like it's the last meal on earth! Who knows? Do you know who's on the bus/train/plane when you get on it? No.

Book it and make it your own holiday. Have fun and make memories. Don't over analysis everything. It's will be a new ship so it's going to be booked by everybody from everywhere.

People who are so excited about the new ship that they are willing to spend hundreds/thousands of dollars without seeing a single review.

People who are willing to try something new with the best intentions.

People who can cruise on many different lines and many different ships (and have probably sailed on some of the ships that you have sailed) so they are probably just like you and also very different than you.

There will be water-slides, zip-lines, and video games....how stuffy can it be? :p

Will there be loud people? Probably.

Will there be stuffy people? Probably.

Will there be annoying people? Probably.

Every CCL, NCL, or RCCL cruise that you have taken has also had all of the above. With thousands of people, it's almost guaranteed that it will happen.

So...it will be like every single cruise from every cruise-line that is sailing the same week as Seaside. You had a great time on those other ships so expect Seaside to be a great time, too.

I'm booked on Seaside for my very first MSC cruise. I'm not worried about a "type" of person at all.

We're booked on the Seaside. We've been on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Holland America and even Costa. We sailed on the Divina and loved it and so we booked the Seaside. We are older and quiet yet we love meeting new people and having fun. Will I do the zipline? Not sure yet. A water slide, maybe. Do we mind other people having fun? Never! Check out my Cruise Website, I'm working on a section for the Seaside. Bob

From what I have read on the boards, a lot of families have booked. We are going to book April 2018 and we are a family who likes having fun (pools, slides, ziplines, rope courses). We don't like the raunchy pool games and obnoxious drunks, but I don't think we are alone there. We also don't like stuffiness we are pretty laid back people. I'm hoping there will be lots like us :D

Check out the link about slideboarding, which the Seaside will be the first cruise ship to have on it. Doesn't look stuffy to me. http://www.minitime.com/p/Slideboarding-Debuts-at-Great-Wolf-Lodge-article

From what I have read on the boards, a lot of families have booked. We are going to book April 2018 and we are a family who likes having fun (pools, slides, ziplines, rope courses). We don't like the raunchy pool games and obnoxious drunks, but I don't think we are alone there. We also don't like stuffiness we are pretty laid back people. I'm hoping there will be lots like us :D

Same as us. Many cruises on Carnival, and a few on Royal. Decided we wanted a change and be a little daring booking a new ship with no reviews. Family with teenagers, and young married couples. All are excited! Going in April as well!

Stealthy: You're the man, or woman, or whatever.

It's not sailing yet people! I don't even know how my pasta's going to turn out tonight!

Let's wait and see!

Kernel

Exactly ;)

LOL, for the record, a man the last time I looked. :cool:

• 4 months later...

It seems a little stuffy in here....

Semi young family of 4 going with other family members from the age of 5 to 65 and we are going to have a good time, some of us go to bed at 2am and some of us get up at 5am :)

Feb 2018

I've been on several cruise lines, and for the most part there is little difference. Was on the Divina in 2015, and loved it. Had deck parties and great shows. We are booked on the Seaside for April, 21, 2018 and can't wait.I know it was built for the American market with all the bells and whistles that I'm looking forward to, but I hope they keep some of the European flavor.

We are sailing on the Seaside next year. We have cruised RCCL, Princess, HAL, & Carnival, and had a great time on each and every cruise, as well as met some great friends, some we are still cruising with from all over the country!

We are booked March 3, 2018. Me, hubby and 3 adult children and a sons girlfriend. We are active people who will enjoy a good time and a few drinks. We changed to this cruise over the Independence of the Seas because it's two days longer, same price and we hope it's not a college spring break from hell cruise! And we have 2 college aged kids who have no desire to be on an MTV special.

I have booked my family on it for Spring Break (March 2018)., I've also booked 6 other families on it as well (all with 2-3 kids). So I think it's safe to assume there will be lots of families. :)

Spring Break on any cruise line or resort will have lots of kids. :-)

We are booked for Jan 2018 - looking forward to it! We were just on the Meravigilia 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed that ship!

I don't think you will have any problem with stuffy onboard Seaside. MSC has to have the most diverse bunch of cruising (pax...passengers) I have ever seen. The important thing with MSC is to choose your "experience" carefully in order to take advantage of all that is offered at each level. The MSC Seaside is sure to deliver a load of fun for you and your family...stuffy...NO...organized chaos...POSSIBLY...:D

We are booked March 3, 2018. Me, hubby and 3 adult children and a sons girlfriend. We are active people who will enjoy a good time and a few drinks. We changed to this cruise over the Independence of the Seas because it's two days longer, same price and we hope it's not a college spring break from hell cruise! And we have 2 college aged kids who have no desire to be on an MTV special.

We'll see you on board!