Cape Liberty hotel and parking recommendation

ZackWillis80

Hi,

We’re a family of 6 (my parents, my wife and 2 kids 5 and 8) driving from Canada to embark on Anthem of the Seas at Cape Liberty port on January 7th for a 12 nights cruise. We will be driving 2 cars. We’re most likely to arrive 1 or 2 days prior the embarkation, depending on the weather conditions (it’s winter after all). Also, my parents wish to take the opportunity to visit the big apple. I’m trying to book them on a 1-day organized tour (they don’t want to be driving around in Manhattan). So if that works out, we’ll be arriving on the 5th. My plan is to get my parents in a cab to and from the rendezvous point of the tour. My family and I will mostly likely stay at the hotel or do some last minute shopping.

Anyhow, my questions is about hotel and parking. If we park at the pier, that’s going to be 20 X 13 days X 2 cars = 520 USD. I read that some hotels providing parking for a fixed rate, or a daily rate lower than 20.However, that means we need to either grab 2-3 cabs or a shuttle to travel between hotel and the pier. I have no idea show much it’ll cost. Also, having our cars at the pier seems easier on the disembarkation day since we can simply take our luggage and go, while hotel parking option would have us make an extra detour by the hotel.

I really wish to explore the hotel parking idea, to see if it’ll save us enough money so it is worth the hassle. Do you have any suggestion regarding the hotels selection with parking? We would like to limi tour price range to below 200 USD/night, somewhere that is safe, and not too far from shopping options. Having breakfast included would be nice. BTW currently I have 2 rooms booked at Courtyard Newark Elizabeth. They are very close to a shopping mall, but I don’t believe they offer any parking possibilities.

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Z

Let's take this piece by piece.

Parking for a 12 day cruise for 2 cars is $20 x 12 x 2 = $480.

What is the cost of two rooms at the Courtyard Elizabeth?

Look at this option for your parents to sightsee in NYC - http://www.newyorktoursnyc.com/ The airport pickup location is usually the P4 Airtrain station, which means your parents could take the free hotel shuttle to P4, which is the shuttle drop off location anyway.

Please be patient about the hotel park/sleep/cruise packages. I just emailed trinityreservations.com about 2018 and they said they hoped to have prices for the Ramada in two weeks. With 6 people and two cars you want to seriously consider an all inclusive package.

The Trinity package includes a room (king or 2 doubles), parking for 21 days, and round trip port transportation for up to 4 people. Breakfast is not included. I paid $219 tax included this year. The 12 days parking is very valuable as is the round trip port transportation. For 6 people you could probably arrange a shuttle van for 6 people for $80-90 each way. Car Service or taxi would be $55-70 each way and you would need two vehicles. The Ramada package uses the hotel shuttle vans which held 14-16 people and were very clean and comfortable.

As great as it is to disembark and hop in your car, you will pay a premium to do that on a 12 day cruise. I self-disembarked and was back at the Ramada picking up my car at 8:15 am. You dock on a weekday morning (I docked on a Sun) so you will have the stress of getting yourselves out of the port during rush hour. Better to leave the driving to someone else. The Ramada is at Turnpike exit 14 and the access onto that road is relatively easy.

Staying by the mall is nice, but you can easily drive there. I met some folks from Canada at the Ramada who just hopped in their car and went over to the mall for dinner.

Hey 138east thanks for the reply!

Our cruise is Jan 7th to 19th, which I thought would be 13 days parking if departure and arrival count as 2 days. My mistake...

The quote I have for Courtyard Elizabeth is at around 300 USD (my price is in CAD) everything included. For that price I have 2 rooms with 2 queen beds, breakfast included but self park is 20 USD per car. Both rooms are cancellable.

As for Ramada are you talking about Ramada Jersey City or Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty (close to the airport)?

One thing I forgot to mention is that we would like to be at the cruise port at around 10h30-11h. If we take the shuttle, does it follow a fixed time table or we have to make reservation for the time we want?

Z.

Hey 138east thanks for the reply!

Our cruise is Jan 7th to 19th, which I thought would be 13 days parking if departure and arrival count as 2 days. My mistake...

The quote I have for Courtyard Elizabeth is at around 300 USD (my price is in CAD) everything included. For that price I have 2 rooms with 2 queen beds, breakfast included but self park is 20 USD per car. Both rooms are cancellable.

As for Ramada are you talking about Ramada Jersey City or Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty (close to the airport)?

One thing I forgot to mention is that we would like to be at the cruise port at around 10h30-11h. If we take the shuttle, does it follow a fixed time table or we have to make reservation for the time we want?

Z.

So you're talking about $600 to stay at the Courtyard for two nights and $480 to park at the port. I'm referring to the Ramada Plaza on Frontage Road at the airport. Remember - these are airport hotels, not your vacation destination.

When you get to the hotel you sign up for a shuttle. They were offering 9, 10, and 11 am. I took the 10 am shuttle and we were at the port by 10:25 even with traffic congestion on a weekday morning.

Actually 300 is for 2 rooms :)

The time of the shuttle is good for us. Airport hotels are fine, as long as it is safe. :)

$300 is for 2 rooms for 2 nights including breakfast? That's $75 per room per night including the 20% tax?

I like the Ramada location on a dead end street on the north side of the airport close to exit 14 and relatively inaccessible to random traffic. The lot is gated and manned 7x24. Airline crews stay there and come and go 7x24.

300 is for 2 rooms but 1 night, sorry I forgot to specify that, so you were probably right with 600 for 2 rooms 2 nights. :o

I booked the room right before my parents decided to visit NYC, that is why.

I checked trinityreservation. Never heard of it, but they seem specialized in cruise/hotel/park deals. If I do a search now there are Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn that show up. Prices seem interesting: I'm seeing 236.00 for Crowne Plaza and 300 for Holiday Inn. You say they'll have more options in 2 weeks?

300 is for 2 rooms but 1 night, sorry I forgot to specify that, so you were probably right with 600 for 2 rooms 2 nights. :o

I booked the room right before my parents decided to visit NYC, that is why.

I checked trinityreservation. Never heard of it, but they seem specialized in cruise/hotel/park deals. If I do a search now there are Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn that show up. Prices seem interesting: I'm seeing 236.00 for Crowne Plaza and 300 for Holiday Inn. You say they'll have more options in 2 weeks?

This was me posting with my old account.

This was me posting with my old account.

They say they hope to have it in two weeks. I don't like the location of the Crowne Plaza and the Holiday Inn is in Carteret. Be patient. You are extremely early for next January. This is Newark Airport, not Disney world where you have to book a year ahead.

• 4 months later...

Reviving this thread. Just booked Embassy Suites @ Elisabeth NJ for 480 USD, including 2 rooms for 1 night, parking during cruise, breakfast, transport to port and taxes. Seems to me a decent deal.

Trinity quoted me 230 USD for 1 room 1 night I believe for Ramada, but doesn't include breakfast.

Anyways, Embassy seems to be a decent place to stay, plus we like the location. Anyone know if the parking is secure enough?

Reviving this thread. Just booked Embassy Suites @ Elisabeth NJ for 480 USD, including 2 rooms for 1 night, parking during cruise, breakfast, transport to port and taxes. Seems to me a decent deal.

Trinity quoted me 230 USD for 1 room 1 night I believe for Ramada, but doesn't include breakfast.

Anyways, Embassy seems to be a decent place to stay, plus we like the location. Anyone know if the parking is secure enough?

Sounds like a great deal to me. The Embassy Suites rooms are more inexpensive on Jan 7 so the cruise package is cheaper as well. Trinity has a fixed rate regardless of the date,

ZackWillis - How did you book Embassy? Directly with them or through another site? My situation is similar to yours except I'll have 5 or 7 ppl (depending on whether my parents join us or not). We are driving from Toronto and going on the Jan 28 cruise!

ZackWillis - How did you book Embassy? Directly with them or through another site? My situation is similar to yours except I'll have 5 or 7 ppl (depending on whether my parents join us or not). We are driving from Toronto and going on the Jan 28 cruise!

Yes I called them directly. You need to specify the package "PARK RIDE AND CRUISE". For some reason, when I tried booking online on their website, out dates wouldn't work with the package. The agent on the phone was able to set it for us. Also, booking sites such as Expedia won't show the cruise package.

Sorry if I missed it but is the shuttle included in the price?

Yes, for up to 2 people per room. Extra will need to pay 20$ one way, or 40$ round trip.

This is what it says on their website

Enjoy your cruise by leaving the logistics to us! With our Park, Ride, & Cruise Package, you’ll enjoy these great perks:

• Complimentary Parking at our hotel for the entire duration of your cruise.
  • Complimentary Round-trip Shuttle Services to Cape Liberty Cruise Port for two (2) people.
  • Complimentary Airport Shuttle for Newark International Airport. Contact our hotel for reservations.
  • Complimentary Breakfast Buffet at our hotel that includes cook-to-order options.
  • Complimentary Evening Reception at our hotel that includes alcoholic drinks for those of age.
  • Late checkout until 2 pm – based on availability.

Our all-suites hotel offers a home feel, in a contemporary environment. All suites have a separate living area with a comfortable sofa bed. We also have a year-round heated indoor pool with whirlpool and an on-site fitness center.