New Regent website - Looks like Oceania's

Travelcat2

Any comments on Regent's new website? The way the "list" view appears is identical to Oceania's. I realize that how it looks isn't as important as functionality so it might be helpful to Regent if we gave some feedback.

As a Canadian, I like the fares now being quoted in Canadian dollars.

I also had a look. Appreciate seeing the fares in CAD. However, did a search of our upcoming two cruises. The first is supposed to depart Oct 27, the website now shows Oct 26. The second departs Dec 5, the website now shows Dec 4.???

I miss the list of excursions under each port with the mouse-over descriptions. That was preferable to having to scroll pages. But the larger typeface on the descriptions is nice. And I can see where you can over one or the other, but not both.

I do hope they'll roll out more functionality. Something I mentioned on the pop-up survey that appeared once when I used the site was the ability to see the excursion list and descriptions when looking at the itinerary in Booked Cruises, prior to the cruises becoming available for booking.

And a search box. Who has a website these days without a search function?

Super boxy, like Oceania, but also like Cruise Critic.

And still ASP, so doomed to be bloated, difficult to maintain, and mediocre, because that's the Microsoft way.

At least they kept the previous and next cruise links, which were eliminated from Oceania on their last major change. I think many cruisers use these links. "I like this cruise, how about the next one?"

Super boxy, like Oceania, but also like Cruise Critic.

And still ASP, so doomed to be bloated, difficult to maintain, and mediocre, because that's the Microsoft way.

At least they kept the previous and next cruise links, which were eliminated from Oceania on their last major change. I think many cruisers use these links. "I like this cruise, how about the next one?"

Previous and next cruise links are my favorite feature. I dream of doing a B2B someday and those help with the dreaming.

At least it seems to have responsive design and will work on mobile device. But yep, typical web content manager stuff. We'll see if they can actually keep the content current and accurate with it.

Excursion descriptions are more difficult to read. The type runs the width of the page forcing your eyes to travel more than is comfortable with the size of the type.

The site is not as elegant as the previous design. Type is boxier and doesn't have the warmth of the older typeface.

Is there a place where I can see our flights? This is something Viking has that I like but I am not seeing this info. Am I just missing it?

Have you signed into your account on the Regent website? That is where you book excursions and dining reservations and where your flights can be found (assuming that Regent has assigned flights).

Initial reaction to the new Regent website:

• Layout looks OK
  • Cannot see any new features or functionality compared to the previous website
  • Keeps defaulting to "United States" even when I am logged in, so I cannot see £GBP pricing. When I click on the Country it just takes me to the homepage
  • Cruise-finder very temperamental and 'previous cruise', 'next cruise' buttons do not always work
  • Painfully slow to load the new website and then to navigate each page

Note: I am using an iPad on board SS Voyager, so some of the above issues may be related to the on-board internet connection (albeit the old site was working OK)

Hi Flossie - is it possible for you to email me (mmoore@rssc.com) a screen shot on where you see the country? You do so on an iPad by holding down the lock button and pressing the home circle button - the image then appears in your Photos.

Edited by Mike Moore

At first glance at one of our upcoming cruises (Voyager) I thought that Regent had somehow created many more suite levels...then I realized that each category is repeated twice. Same thing on some other randomly checked cruises. This is with both Internet Explorer 11 and Edge.

Good morning all. Could you clarify exactly what types of issues you are experiencing on iPads?

When I click on select destination or select date on the first page, I won't loot me scroll down, so I can only see dates up to March 2018 and only the first few destinations. The Oceania site does the same thing.

My issue is with the excursions. I liked having all the excursions listed and I could click the ones I was interested and see what it was. Now we have to scroll through all the excursions and read about every single one. Also, the first tours listed are the private car so it takes even longer. It was a lot easier and user friendly the old way. Other than that, is OK. Maybe they will change the excursions view.

Good morning all. Could you clarify exactly what types of issues you are experiencing on iPads?

Hi Mike happy to provide some examples as an FYI I'm using an iPad Air, iOS 10.3.3

Staring with home page rssc.com...

Select Destination LOV won't scroll to all areas -- stops at Mediterranean

ditto on Date. stops at March 2018

Clicking on the "Find a cruise" link yesterday the port search field didn't open enough to use it. Today it works, but,,, if two many ports with that letter combination, again full list not displaying or scrollable.

Cruise Results doesn't consistently display results in neat grid.

Didn't pay attention to the length of text in tabs to ensure all text shows when screen sized is reduced. Specific example on any cruise the "Special Offers | Savings and Promotions" tab says "Special Offers | Savings and Prom"

It's a whole bunch of small stuff that should have been caught in testing.

Initial reaction to the new Regent website:

• Layout looks OK
  • Cannot see any new features or functionality compared to the previous website
  • Keeps defaulting to "United States" even when I am logged in, so I cannot see £GBP pricing. When I click on the Country it just takes me to the homepage
  • Cruise-finder very temperamental and 'previous cruise', 'next cruise' buttons do not always work
  • Painfully slow to load the new website and then to navigate each page

Note: I am using an iPad on board SS Voyager, so some of the above issues may be related to the on-board internet connection (albeit the old site was working OK)

Flossie -- FYI, if this was my project, you wouldn't see anything new until the existing content/functionality was migrated and deemed bug free on the new platform. Then, I would start pushing new releases with additional functionality.

-Indi

At first glance at one of our upcoming cruises (Voyager) I thought that Regent had somehow created many more suite levels...then I realized that each category is repeated twice. Same thing on some other randomly checked cruises. This is with both Internet Explorer 11 and Edge.

Same on safari on a Mac - lots of things duplicated i.e. repeated twice. Other issues too. Preferred old site. This was poorly introduced, IMO. And not adequately tested.