Book NZ tours before or when we get there?

Teegiee

Hello,

First NZ cruise is booked for December. Should we be booking shore tours before we leave or are they selling them as you get off the ship. Obviously we will be booking the full day tours prior to going, but am wondering if there are short options once you get there.

Also if anyone has recommendations for tours please let me know. We are in our 20's and some tours seemed catered towards the older guests. Hiring a car is not an option.

If there's anything that interests you in each port, definitely book in advance. December is summer in NZ and if you don't book, you might miss out. In some ports there maybe selling of tours at the wharef - i.e. Tauranga, whereas in others you will need to make your way to the Visitor Centre. In Wellington, you might want to check out the special effects movie-making geniuses at Weta Workshop - pre-book the There & Back Again tour which includes transport from the Information Centre and the tour. And definitely pre-book .. it's one of the first to sell out on cruise day.

• 3 weeks later...

Bay of Island Kawiti Glow Worm Caves -- is there a walk off the ship type local tour to go to the Glow Worm from Pahia? We only want to see the Glow Worm Caves and driving ourselves is not an options. There is a ABCshuttle company for the tour but they want money up front and we are not comfortable to pay them via the internet.

Thanks.

Bay of Island Kawiti Glow Worm Caves -- is there a walk off the ship type local tour to go to the Glow Worm from Pahia? We only want to see the Glow Worm Caves and driving ourselves is not an options. There is a ABCshuttle company for the tour but they want money up front and we are not comfortable to pay them via the internet.

Thanks.

We booked with Viator to do the glow worm tour. They are a very reputable company. We will be going in a November so will try and post a review afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I always like to pre-book all my tours as the really good ones sell out fast.In Dunedin I alway use Good Company Tours as they are very reliable aswell alot cheaper than the cruise ships.In Tauranga Scotts Tours are great and very reliable.

http://www.scott-tours.co.nz

https://www.goodcompanytours.co.nz

Cheers Trish