Sydney Hotel Recommendation for 1st night before cruise

sunscreen

Will be arriving in Sydney 1 day prior to cruise on Sun Princess. Arrive at 10:35 am and wondering what hotel would be good to stay at prior to cruise the next day which I believe leaves from White Bay. I am told to stay up and keep active so as not to let jet lag set in. Have never been to Australia before and after Princess cruise plan on booking 4 nights in Sydney at the Mantra 2 before we sail on Ovation of the Seas for New Zealand. Any feedback and advice would be appreciated for this Canadian prairie girl. :)

Will be arriving in Sydney 1 day prior to cruise on Sun Princess. Arrive at 10:35 am and wondering what hotel would be good to stay at prior to cruise the next day which I believe leaves from White Bay. I am told to stay up and keep active so as not to let jet lag set in. Have never been to Australia before and after Princess cruise plan on booking 4 nights in Sydney at the Mantra 2 before we sail on Ovation of the Seas for New Zealand. Any feedback and advice would be appreciated for this Canadian prairie girl. :)

Check with Mantra if they'll give you a better rate for the who booking.

There really isn't much near White Bay, so probably in the cuty and taxi or ferry to the terminal is your best bet.

I've enjoyed the Shangri-La, InterContinental, and the Amora, and a fair few others in Sydney. Those three are in a good part of the City for access to tourist type activities. The Shangri-La has amongst the best buffet breakfasts I've had anywhere. The food at the Amora is terrible but the hotel is nice enough. The interContinental room-service food is amazing.

If you are happy to wheel your luggage then you can get to all of them easily enough using the train from the airport.

I had the misfortunate of staying at the Travelodge once - I recommend you avoid that place.