Best but cheap camera ......

I am looking for a decent camera that you can use underwater as well as for regular pics. I'm looking to spend less than $100. My husband will be the one doing the underwater pics so if it's easy to use then that's a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not know about finding one under 100$, but if you up your budget just a bit there is the fujifilm finepix xp120 or the Nikon coolpic w100. Those are likely about as cheap as you can get and still get somewhat decent pics.

We purchased an Olympus Tough TG-860 a couple years ago mainly for just the underwater feature and was surprised at the quality of all pictures taken. We already had a great quality Sony camera, however since it wasn't waterproof, didn't feel comfortable taking it around the beach and water excursions. It has held up really well and just used it again in Punta Cana for a land based vacation. It also has great video quality for an underwater camera. It was over the price point you specified but I agree with others above you get what your pay for. But good luck!

Look for open box deals and refurbished models. You might even be able to score a good deal buying a used camera from Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace—that's probably your best bet for getting a quality camera at that price point, just exercise some care to ensure that you end up with a working camera.

I bought a fujifilm finepix xp for about $190 last year for a land trip to Hawaii and was very happy with it. The key to keeping an underwater camera happy (so to speak) is seriously rinsing it in clear fresh water (I soak mine) after it's been in the ocean. I also did not open it once on the trip, in order to ensure it was bone dry - one drop of water, or one grain of sand/salt can ruin any underwater camera. I had no issues and used it again for a cruise in April of this year (following my own advice again).

We bought a Fuji underwater camera at Costco....it takes such great pics all around for a 'point and shoot' inexpensive camera that we no longer bring along our much more expensive camera. I think we paid around $150 at Costco.....and if you can wait, now that the XMas season is around the corner, you should be able to get some great deals, maybe closer to your price point. But we love our Fuji bright yellow underwater camera!! :D

I am looking for a decent camera that you can use underwater as well as for regular pics. I'm looking to spend less than $100. My husband will be the one doing the underwater pics so if it's easy to use then that's a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I seriously doubt that you can buy any camera that takes decent pictures much less underwater pictures at less than $100. Any new camera at less than $100 is total junk. Your only chance is a used one but I would not trust a used underwater camera.

DON