Back in tow

Have been missing from these columns for an extended period as my partner suffered an unfortunate illness. Happily the skills of one of the top surgeons in the country put Humpty Dumpty back together again and we embark on our next cruise on the Majesty on Tuesday.:):cool:

Have never been on this ship but it looks really nice on the internet though given we only booked it today (at a most attractive discount) means there were only inside cabins left. No worries, several months ago we never expected to be cruising again.:(

Hoping for good weather and good food and service in the main restaurant. No doubt my partner will be out on deck enjoying the sea air when we dock each morning.

Have been missing from these columns for an extended period as my partner suffered an unfortunate illness. Happily the skills of one of the top surgeons in the country put Humpty Dumpty back together again and we embark on our next cruise on the Majesty on Tuesday.:):cool:

Have never been on this ship but it looks really nice on the internet though given we only booked it today (at a most attractive discount) means there were only inside cabins left. No worries, several months ago we never expected to be cruising again.:(

Hoping for good weather and good food and service in the main restaurant. No doubt my partner will be out on deck enjoying the sea air when we dock each morning.

So glad that your partner is now fit to travel. Majesty is our favourite ship and, although they are small, we have found inside cabins fine. Have a wonderful time.

• 3 weeks later...

Six sunny days out of seven on our Majesty trip, lovely staff, perfectly adequate food in main restaurant and best entertainment in our three cruises. Can see why people are sad Majesty is going

From our viewpoint ship did look dated and overcrowded, and our inside cabin - due to our very late booking - was laughable. Unpacked first day then put most back in suitcases for rest of trip. Shower though was lovely and hot but flooded the bathroom every time however much we tried. Happily the cabin maids never complained once and replaced the wet towels every time

Think Thomson might have a problem with the bigger ships they are introducing, yes they are better quality but the friendliness we found on the Majesty was certainly missing on the Discovery.

We were in cabin 4077, right at the back of the ship. Okay when boat was travelling at normal speed but everything vibrated when it was manouvering for docking early morning. Was a good spot to be in though one really rough night at sea

We liked the way they put us on tables of six in the restaurant and made some really good friends whose company we enjoyed when subsequently bumping into them around the ship.

My partner enjoyed the chat and it did him a power of good after his illness