Old chestnut but we've forgotten

You can also use cash, £200 paid upfront.

Customer services will advise you when/if your account balance is approaching the need for a top up. You can replenish in readies, or offer a debit card to settle any difference.

Any cash balance if your favour is refunded in cash.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband always uses his debit card but I was wondering if I wanted to buy him a gift could I go to reception and provide another card or cash for the purchase? last time he ended paying for his gift himself. Which as technically it is a joint account it just felt a bit wrong.

I don't see any way around that - I doubt the company would accept split payment for a joint cabin account.

Fred Olsen will. They ask you at check in if you want both cabin cards linked to the same payment card, or different ones.

My husband always uses his debit card but I was wondering if I wanted to buy him a gift could I go to reception and provide another card or cash for the purchase? last time he ended paying for his gift himself. Which as technically it is a joint account it just felt a bit wrong.

Just go to reception and ask to deposit some cash (approx the cost of the gift) against your account, this will then be used towards settling your account with the remaining balance being taken from the registered debit card (his). Simples.

I don't see any way around that - I doubt the company would accept split payment for a joint cabin account.

Easy,you only usually register one card for convenience, every cabin occupant can register their own card if they want, every occupant has their own statement (everything booked to their own ship card) on the overall cabin statement anyway.

Just go to reception and ask to deposit some cash (approx the cost of the gift) against your account, this will then be used towards settling your account with the remaining balance being taken from the registered debit card (his). Simples.

How does that hide her gift purchase from the husband's knowledge ?

When he settles the final cabin account he'll clock both his wife's cash deposit and the clandestine transaction.

Element of surprise negated.

Easy,you only usually register one card for convenience, every cabin occupant can register their own card if they want, every occupant has their own statement (everything booked to their own ship card) on the overall cabin statement anyway.

Whilst now recognising that it is possible to register separately, if they are in the practice of settling their joint cabin account with one card, the husband would immediately question why his wife was seeking to have her card registered for split accounts.

Doesn't fit in with the surprise gift scenario IMO.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Whilst now recognising that it is possible to register separately, if they are in the practice of settling their joint cabin account with one card, the husband would immediately question why his wife was seeking to have her card registered for split accounts.

Doesn't fit in with the surprise gift scenario IMO.

Im presuming he's going to get the gift before the account is settled at the end of the week and she has deposited cash to their account without him knowing.