British Colonial Hilton Day Pass? Or DIY close to ship?

sailawaybellaluna

Hello all!

I'd love some advice on where to spend the day on my Liberty cruise in Nassau. I've read pages of threads on the boards and still undecided!

I've been to Nassau twice before, once spending the day at Atlantis, and another time, spending the day at Cabbage Beach. Both times I recall spending quite a bit of time in taxis/traffic.

This time we will only be there from 10am - 6pm, so I'm considering spending the day at the British Colonial Hilton since it's such a short walk and seems really convenient.

I'm traveling with a friend, both of us in our 30's. We like good food and drinks, but not huge drinkers (we may have two each during the whole day). So, the $40 food and beverage credit at Hilton isn't a deal breaker.

I live in Southern California and go to the beach a few times a week. My friend is coming from rainy Seattle, so a nice beach day is really important to her! Will the Hilton be a good option for her? We're not huge into water sports, but we would like to snorkel if possible.

I'd love any advice you have, or any other suggestions. I'm up for doing something DIY too...

Thank you!

We looooved our day at the Hilton. It was an easy walk. A small beach but not tiny. Just gentle ripples, no big waves. The water was even more clear than half moon cay which is saying a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We looooved our day at the Hilton. It was an easy walk. A small beach but not tiny. Just gentle ripples, no big waves. The water was even more clear than half moon cay which is saying a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! This is encouraging to hear! Any chance or snorkeling around there in that clear water?!

Just returned from cruise and spent day there. Great time especially for 6 y.o GD who loved the pool. Had total $100 food/drink credit.. Had 2 frozen drinks,4 beers ,1 soda and GD had child's cheeseburger and covered it all

Hello all!

I'd love some advice on where to spend the day on my Liberty cruise in Nassau. I've read pages of threads on the boards and still undecided!

I've been to Nassau twice before, once spending the day at Atlantis, and another time, spending the day at Cabbage Beach. Both times I recall spending quite a bit of time in taxis/traffic.

This time we will only be there from 10am - 6pm, so I'm considering spending the day at the British Colonial Hilton since it's such a short walk and seems really convenient.

I'm traveling with a friend, both of us in our 30's. We like good food and drinks, but not huge drinkers (we may have two each during the whole day). So, the $40 food and beverage credit at Hilton isn't a deal breaker.

I live in Southern California and go to the beach a few times a week. My friend is coming from rainy Seattle, so a nice beach day is really important to her! Will the Hilton be a good option for her? We're not huge into water sports, but we would like to snorkel if possible.

I'd love any advice you have, or any other suggestions. I'm up for doing something DIY too...

Thank you!

Hi,

We usually walk to Junkaroo beach. There are places to eat and drink on the beach. Places to rent chairs and umbrellas. Last time we were there, organized games with prizes of free drinks and food, bathrooms....

You can also stop at McDonald's on the way for a greasy burger fix. There are also several places along the way that sell conch fritters.

So that you know, we are in our 60s and have gone to the beach with our son and family.

Hope this helps.

We went to the British Colonial Hilton and loved it. Took about 20 minute to walk there because we shopped at a few little shops on the way. It was across the street from McDonalds. If you walk past BCH there is Junkanoo Beach which is free. We did not prepurchase our day passes. We walked in to the counter and bought them there. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was super friendly. There were beautiful green spaces with hammocks to relax in, a very nice pool and of course the beach. The beach is small but very enjoyable. Beach chairs, towels, snorkle gear, kayaks were all included. If we ever go back to Nassau we will go right back to BCH. No question.

Enjoy your vacation!!

We loved the Hilton. The food was good and it was very relaxed and not over crowded. The day before we arrived one of the British Princesses were there for a few days.

Just make sure you use the correct WIFI if you chose to connect. My wife got on one and ended up with a huge bill. I was on the correct on and had no issues.

Larry

• 8 months later...
We loved the Hilton. The food was good and it was very relaxed and not over crowded. The day before we arrived one of the British Princesses were there for a few days.

Just make sure you use the correct WIFI if you chose to connect. My wife got on one and ended up with a huge bill. I was on the correct on and had no issues.

Larry

I know this is an older post, but wondering. How do you know which wifi is correct/free?

Hello all!

Thank you!

Love the Hilton but I wouldn't say it's ideal for snorkeling.