SF to NY

Mjflowers

Well, leave tomorrow for SF. Boad Mariner Sat. Panama Canal. to NY.

Weather just might cause a few issues. Hope not.

Bill, I'm like you. Let you know when I get back, without the unexpected glitches. I also want to enjoy my cruise.

Of course unless something special happens.

Robes after 6:eek: laundry bags, buying tables, etc.:D

Just something to upset my boat:o

I'm always on the look out. I take pictures. Beware fashion police.

Disclaimer. This is all in jest. Well, most of it anyway.

Susan & I always enjoy our Regent cruises.

Our 8th this time, so a little idea of what we expect.

David

We did this same cruise last year. It is our second favorite cruise. (The coast of Norway is first). Going under the bridge is spectacular. Also coming into New York and seeing Lady Liberty lit up is awesome. Be sure to get up at least 1 hour before they tell you. If we didn't we would have missed the sail into New York! Have a fantastic cruise.

Well, leave tomorrow for SF. Boad Mariner Sat. Panama Canal. to NY.

Weather just might cause a few issues. Hope not.

Bill, I'm like you. Let you know when I get back, without the unexpected glitches. I also want to enjoy my cruise.

Of course unless something special happens.

Robes after 6:eek: laundry bags, buying tables, etc.:D

Just something to upset my boat:o

I'm always on the look out. I take pictures. Beware fashion police.

Disclaimer. This is all in jest. Well, most of it anyway.

Susan & I always enjoy our Regent cruises.

Our 8th this time, so a little idea of what we expect.

David

Couldn't have said it better. Beautiful. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Bonvoyage.

Sailing out of SF. Fog horn making a little noise already.

Bridge could be hit or miss.

Just an observational question.

On your past cruises on Regent I don't remember having to go outside to our lifeboat stations and stand around for 30 minutes. It was a little hard on some of the passengers.

Code red still in effect for at least the next 48 hours.

Captain announced that we will arrive early in Cabo because has to leave earlier to beat weather remnants of Katina to Acapulco. Winds will pickup and some larger swells.

TC

Not first rodeo. Know the standard procedure.

You sail Regent and should be aware of some of the challenging mobility for fellow pax.

It was "a big deal" for some people.

Captains choice I suppose. Having to march everybody to deck six just to see the life boats, to me it was a little excessive.

This is our first time on Regent. Our last four cruises have been on Oceania where there are similar muster drills. I agree that the drill yesterday was time consuming but essential. Sometimes the crew seemed to be herding cats. I have genuine concern should there be a true emergency, particularly for those good souls who were really making an effort but who have serious mobility challenges. I personally like to know where the lifeboat is located. The 30 minute inconvenience would pale in comparison to any real situation that could arise.

This is our first time on Regent. Our last four cruises have been on Oceania where there are similar muster drills. I agree that the drill yesterday was time consuming but essential. Sometimes the crew seemed to be herding cats. I have genuine concern should there be a true emergency, particularly for those good souls who were really making an effort but who have serious mobility challenges. I personally like to know where the lifeboat is located. The 30 minute inconvenience would pale in comparison to any real situation that could arise.

Agree with you. I have a genuine concern for everyone as Regent passengers tend to not follow instructions unless forced to do so. In the case of emergency, no one is forcing you to do what you have already been trained to do. People that are mobility challenged are told the first day to contact someone (do not recall who) and they will assist you with the process. It is so important for mobility challenged guests to let Regent know or else, in the case of a real emergency, those passenger may not be able to get to the lifeboats. Going to the lifeboats is important - how else would one know where they are located. Remember, in the case of a true emergency and there was no time to gather at your muster station, you would be instructed to go to your lifeboat station. It would help to know where it is.

In terms of getting a flu shot, IMO, is it equally important to follow the procedures that Cruise Director Paul details during his daily reports on the television each morning. In case you haven't seen it, he talks about touching elevator buttons, handrails, the self-serve coffee machines, computer, etc. and the need to wash your hands afterwards. I use the knuckle of my index finger to punch buttons on the elevator and sanitize my hands multiple times a day. We have purchased the peroxide based sanitizer that is used in hospitals to disinfect the telephone, remote control and door knobs when we arrive in the suite. This product protects against almost everything - even norovirus. Note: Paul also discusses the events of the day and usually has a guest as well as the Assistant C.D. and Social Hostess. IMO, it is worth watching. In any case, it is too bad that your cruise started our this way. Hopefully things will go back to normal in 48 hours.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Seems my post has been hijacked again.

Any thing I post has already been discussed more then once and I am reminded of that.

I should know better.

Might post again near the end of the cruise.

Being on the ship I would believe I have a first hand view of what is going on, not by someone thousands of miles away.

TC, you are right. I did see a few of the changlled pax being forced to follow instructions. I think they were using broom handles.:rolleyes:

Seems my post has been hijacked again.

Any thing I post has already been discussed more then once and I am reminded of that.

I should know better.

Might post again near the end of the cruise.

Being on the ship I would believe I have a first hand view of what is going on, not by someone thousands of miles away.

TC, you are right. I did see a few of the changlled pax being forced to follow instructions. I think they were using broom handles.:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting and hope you will continue in spite of being hijacked. I for one am enjoying them and appreciate the time you are taking to share your thoughts.

Think that the term hijacked is being misused. The TS brought up muster and two of us gave our thoughts. Additionally, the other poster is on the same cruise which makes their comments even more on-point (and are usually welcome on "live" threads). Hijacked in terms of CC generally means that the thread went off topic. This is not the case here.

Please continue to post and I hope that Pirouette continues as well.

Think that the term hijacked is being misused. The TS brought up muster and two of us gave our thoughts. Additionally, the other poster is on the same cruise which makes their comments even more on-point (and are usually welcome on "live" threads). Hijacked in terms of CC generally means that the thread went off topic. This is not the case here.

Please continue to post and I hope that Pirouette continues as well.

I am the original TS. Others seem to agree without a needed definition.

Pirouette is on the same cruise. You are not.

Adios Amigo.

Could not resist.

We are waving goodby to Acupolco tonight. Tropical storm Max will force us to miss this port.

The way things are going we may not make land till NY.:D

Yesterday in Cabo was a great day of deep sea fishing.

Couple of tuna and also two dorado.

Hot and humid for us.

Cruise so far.

I can not think of any thing that has been negitive.

Staff has been wonderful. I am being addressed by our last name and being German ancestry our name is quite long. I told them to just call us the Smiths. Chuckle chuckle.

Wi Fi has been adequate. Usually early am or late pm I have been able download with no problems. During the day some lapse but nothing unbearable.

Requested an India dinner in a few days. Chef choice. I got smiles when this was requested. Looking forward to it.

Well that is it for tonight. A Little Rock and roll was mentioned by the captain for Seas tonight. Guess we will have to strap on the seat belts. When the staff starts removing the vased flowers and strapping down the deck chairs it might be a sign of things to come.:eek:

Guatemala tomorrow.

Strange occurrence with the ships time. Two nights, clock forward, third night, clock back? Will need to move forward again before end of cruise.:confused:

Special dinner tonight. Indian curry, chef choice.:p

Our cruise has been so far all as expected.

Service for us top notch. Each time in CR for breakfest lunch, or dinner we are greeted with Mr & Misses -------. How are you today? So nice to see you. With smiles all around.

Food, we seem to git around ok. Not big complainers. One night lamb chops came out not the medium rare requested. I think that they set on the hot plate a little to long before service. No problem. Replaced emedietly.

Last night I ordered the pasta dish with meat sauce. I can't spell bolognese. If possible some meat balls. First was told, sorry no meatsa balls. Well, low and behold upon service meats balls! Chef made up a special order for me. Nice.

Entertainment. Do not do it.

Service top notch so far. Greated with a sincere hello and a big smile.

Looking forward to another 12 days on the Mariner.

Quick notes before I get kicked off again.

Wi Fi bad! Also yesterday in Costa Rica no tv reception all day. Satellite reception not aligned properly?

We were docked! Wi Fi has been really terrible.

Can not understand why.

Some people do need the communication.

On the excursions people need to read the conditions of said trip or Regent needs to do a better job of explaining. Wheel chair excessable. If it folds, ok and you have to have your own pusher. On our excursion to the bird sanctuary the paths were gravel. Try that. Was supposed to be any easy walking tour. Heat and humidity were overpowering for some. My wife helped another couple from litterly falling over from heat exhaustion. They were sweating profusely. Water helped and a short rest.

Don't want to miss the free unlimited shore excursions now, do we.

Today a special GPT gathering was presented as a chef cook off. Capt, Chef Engineer, and F&B head were the victims. It was very enjoyable. Lots of laughs.

Tomorrow. The Canal.

We arrive at pilot around 5:45 am. Bridge 6 or so.

It should be interesting to see all the early risers in the Observation Lounge. Calling for rain.

We had our India dinner the other night and it was wonderful. Allien, the Matradie(sp) set it up,for us. He asked if we would like to try an Indonesian dinner? He is from Indonesia. Of course. So Saturday we are a go.

Hope this posts.