Disembarkation in Venice - early flight?

Kit151

We dock in Venice on Nov 5th for an overnight and disembark on Nov 6. I booked my flight home for the afternoon but would like to know if I can disembark early on Nov 6 and change my flight to 6:40am? I can save some time and money this way. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What the Oceania rep say when you called them with this question?

Their office is closed in Miami right now because of Irma. Not sure when they are returning and the flight sale may not last too much longer. I'm looking for an answer here as most people are so helpful with sharing their experiences to help others.

if overnighting it should not be a problem

You may want to get a hotel near the airport & go later in the evening

You could arrange for a taxi to pick you up early am 4am ish at the ship

I am sure others that have done it will comment further

Their office is closed in Miami right now because of Irma. Not sure when they are returning and the flight sale may not last too much longer. I'm looking for an answer here as most people are so helpful with sharing their experiences to help others.

I agree that people here are helpful and are ready to share their experiences.

But personally, for policy questions where there is a potential for a loss of money, it's probably best to get your answer directly from the company. The personal experiences of individual posters may not match what happens to you.

Please clear it through them. In on Venice trip they are tendering in the first day and then docking for the second day. I am not sure how that is going to work. However you may have to handle your luggage and you need to contact them.

But you are on Regent the OP is on Oceania & they dock both days

I am on the same cruise as the OP. I plan to settle my bill and check out on Nov. 5 before going to bed, wake up early on Nov.6 and roll my luggage off at 5:00am to be picked up by a taxi to the airport for a 8:00am flight. I don't see why O would care when I disembark as long as the money issues have been settled.

Thanks everyone. All taken care of. Spoke with Oceania and there is no problem. They did recommend no flight earlier than 5 am. The ship transfer will even be able to take me to the airport.

I would consider pre booking a taxi a LOT cheaper than O transfers

I would consider pre booking a taxi a LOT cheaper than O transfers

I think the last time we were in Venice we paid around 39 euro for a private transfer. Driver showed up in a late model Mercedes. Makes a bit more sense to me than the O transfers.

I think the last time we were in Venice we paid around 39 euro for a private transfer. Driver showed up in a late model Mercedes. Makes a bit more sense to me than the O transfers.

Exactly & probably 1/3 the price of O

A van that will accommodate up to 6 people with luggage at 5:00am pick up at cruise port to VCE on Nov. 6 is 48 eu total. A car for 2 people is 46 eu. This includes a 20% night surcharge at that time of day. I am looking at the web site

https://city-airport-taxis.com/

Like any city in the world, taxi drivers know when cruise ships arrive and people will be needing taxis. There will likely be taxis lined up at the pier in the morning to take people who did not make prior arrangements for a transfer to the airport