MSC status match

drsel

We haven't yet cruised with MSC, but have booked 3 cruises for 2018 & 2019.

We have already obtained a red level member ID of the MSC Voyagers club with zero points.

Pardon my ignorance, but should we fill the status match form on the left or right?

Also, what is the MSC status match for Carnival Red (2 cruises) and Celebrity Classic (2 cruises)?

Which hotel chains are eligible for the status match program?

Are all non-American hotel membership status levels allowed for status match?

We have already obtained a red level member ID of the MSC Voyagers club with zero points.

Pardon my ignorance, but should we fill the status match form on the left or right?

Also, what is the MSC status match for Carnival Red (2 cruises) and Celebrity Classic (2 cruises)?

AS you are already a "Welcome" level member, with a membership number you should fill in the form on the right which states

"

CURRENT VOYAGERS CLUB MEMBER?

If you have already traveled with MSC Cruises or you are a current MSC Voyagers Club member, please follow the steps below:

"

sorry can't help with the other questions

Pete

IHG Platinum gets silver, so would assume Spire would get gold with MSC, and Club Accor Platinum gets black status with MSC. I am not sure about other hotel loyalty schemes.

These are the levels I know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After uploading your screenshot showing your membership status with another hotel chain a or Cruise line, how doess MSC cross verify your status with the other company? Do they email or phone the hotel chain or Cruise line?

After uploading your screenshot showing your membership status with another hotel chain a or Cruise line, how doess MSC cross verify your status with the other company? Do they email or phone the hotel chain or Cruise line?

I think with ours they just did the match. It only took a couple of hours.

I suggest you phone MSC first and ask which of the hotel loyalty schemes you have will give you the best level with MSC

We were surprised that the highest level we got was with Club Accor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I did my status match I took a print screen of my member page on Crown & Anchor, on that page you can see my first name and my level. When we did the status match for my wife I just sent in a photo of one of her sea pass cards, it states her name and her level.

When I did my status match I took a print screen of my member page on Crown & Anchor, on that page you can see my first name and my level. When we did the status match for my wife I just sent in a photo of one of her sea pass cards, it states her name and her level.

On seeing your print screen, did MSC match your status immediately?

Or did they take a week or so to cross verify that with Royal Carribean?

On seeing your print screen, did MSC match your status immediately?

Or did they take a week or so to cross verify that with Royal Carribean?

I imagine that MSC takes your info at face value. I don't think other cruiselines could even verify your status with them as it would be a breach of data protection laws.

I was wondering if any cruise line would provide information about their loyal Gold, Emerald, Platinum or Elite customers to a rival Cruise line, so that the rival could poach their loyal customers.

Still, I appreciate and thank MSC for this wonderful opportunity (for all of us), which is unprecedented in the cruise or travel industry.

Does any other Cruise line have anything even remotely close to a status match?

Ok so my daughter has only cruised twice on Royal. Both 7 nights so she has gold status with 14 points on Royal. Not much I know. But when loyalty matched does she get welcome card or the next one up? She is the only one that is gold because she was 18 the first time she cruised with us. Since my younger daughter was still a minor she got all our points.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Ok so my daughter has only cruised twice on Royal. Both 7 nights so she has gold status with 14 points on Royal. Not much I know. But when loyalty matched does she get welcome card or the next one up? She is the only one that is gold because she was 18 the first time she cruised with us. Since my younger daughter was still a minor she got all our points.

You need to be Platinum on Royal to get Silver on MSC.

I imagine that MSC takes your info at face value. I don't think other cruiselines could even verify your status with them as it would be a breach of data protection laws.

Princess would not help me out, even with a letter, they said the cruise agency would find that out when they booked. So I went into my account and did a scree shot and copied and sent that into MSC. Hope this helps, Peace and Aloha, Jim

Princess would not help me out, even with a letter, they said the cruise agency would find that out when they booked. Peace and Aloha, Jim

Jim ............. I wouldn't think the cruiseline would be too obliging in helping you status match with another company - especially as it's essentially to draw you away from the very company you've been sailing with on a regular basis.

She would get the Classic (blue) level, with, from what I've see on other threads, 1 point which the entry level number of points for that level

Thank you that is what I thought. She said she was matched to the welcome card but I think she should get the blue one. I wouldn't care bit the 3 of us got matched to gold ao I'm hopping they match her to at least blue lol.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

The following were accepted for Status Match as of June of this year:

Club Med (ITA)

Club Med (FRA)

Club Med (DEU)

Expedia

Hilton - HHonors

Marriott - Rewards

Ritz Carlton - Rewards

World of Hyatt

Orbitz - Orbitz Rewards

Shangri-la - Golden Circle

Accor hotels - Le Club Accor

Malia.com - Malia Rewards

Fairmont - Fairmont

Starwood - Starwood Preferred Guest

Kampinski - Discovery

Pestana - Piority guest

Best Western - Rewards

ClubCarlson - Clubcarlson

Othon Hoteis - Special Guest

International Hotel Group

NH - Rewards

Centara Hotel Resort - The 1 Card

Sandals - Select

Steigenberger Hotel Group

Mosturflot

Infoflot

Vodokhod

RIU Hotels and Resorts - Riu Class

Wyndham Rewards

Hope this helps.

Bret

I am Emerald on Royal and never cruised MSC. What level would I get and what are its benefits. Thanks

The benefits, and how to accrue points, are shown on a chart in the following post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53205775&postcount=4

Toxicfairy has just posted that Emerald on Royal matched to Gold on MSC.