Restaurant Reservations

I&J Cruisers

You can only have one dining reservation in each specialty restaurant per cruise -- it does not matter what the length is (unless it is in segments like the world cruise). The longer the cruise, however, the more opportunities there are to get additional reservations once onboard.

The food is so good in Compass Rose that many people are happy with only one or two visits to the specialty restaurants and a visit to Sette Mari.

Enjoy your cruise. That is an amazing part of the world.

Good question but I can only answer about the Mariner which has not been refurbished. There are still 6 tops in P7 and Signatures. I would assume (someone else will likely chime in ) that they kept 6 tops on the ships after refurbishment. While tables for two are popular, so are the larger tables.

I had not thought about the tables on Explorer but you are right. However, there are a few large tables in the back in both P7 and Chartreuse (behind the divider) and very few tables for two back there. It could be because P7 and Chartreuse are rather narrow in the front part of the the restaurant. Since the restaurants on the other ships have likely not be reconstructed but only refurbished, it is likely that the table sizes will remain the same - simply because they fit.

Not a very good answer - a lot of guessing!

We enjoyed compass rose new menu this summer, on top of the daily choices so many fall backs if this is not to your fancy at the time. We were disappointed by the Chartreuse menu, which we thought did not really reflect French cuisine in all its fullness. For ethical reasons we don't do foie gras, tartare is an acquired taste and DW is not a duck eater. We were not blown away and always found a much more difficult choice to make in CR , without the fall backs. Prime 7 was excellent again and we like a chance to go to Sette Mari as well , which on a 10 day trip, fills the evenings, especially as for the first time we ended up returning to the same section of CR as the server was excellent and friendly and did a great job when we were put in his area the first 2 nights without request. My wife loved the personal named and attentive service.

Sailed on the Voyager from Barcelona to Lisbon Aug 17.