Hurricane Maria

Bigbluegal

We are scheduled on Anthem to Bermuda next Saturday. The long range forecast for our time there looks bad. If we head north instead, we could be returning into the storm. I know I'm worrying way ahead but does anyone know what the options could be on a 5 day cruise from Bayonne? Totally out of anyone's control, we will roll with whatever happens, but hoping we get on the boat.

I'm also watching this. Going on the harmony on the 30. Said Maria is looking like Irma. Supposed to be in Puerto Rico on Thursday then around Haiti Friday morning. Where it goes from there no one knows yet. But if it comes up the east coast doesn't look like we will be cruising. Hoping for the best.

Oasis leaving Port Canaveral on 9/24 is going to have some good seas to go through until it gets south of Freeport where the islands will shelter it. Looking forward to it!!

Those scattered low lying Bahamas islands offer "shelter" in the open sea? Don't think so.

I was gonna start a thread on this hurricane this morning but thought I might be too soon with panic. We are on anthem September 28th to Canada/NE and I'm worried about the remants of one of these coming up that way. We dodged a hurricane last year on Breakaway to Bermuda, ended up a perfect cruise. This year we went North to avoid this BS and it's still a possible issue.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I was gonna start a thread on this hurricane this morning but thought I might be too soon with panic. We are on anthem September 28th to Canada/NE and I'm worried about the remants of one of these coming up that way. We dodged a hurricane last year on Breakaway to Bermuda, ended up a perfect cruise. This year we went North to avoid this BS and it's still a possible issue.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

We are on the same cruise!!!:eek: I'm hoping these storms will go out to sea and spare the US. Several years ago we were on a NE/Canada cruise on the Explorer and evidently there was a hurricane out there. We went to Quebec and spent an overnight there. A memorable cruise!

The folks on those islands must just be shaking their heads at the thought of another hit. Maybe the only bright side is it might be better to take the hit before rebuilding than after if they have to take it at all.

Actually they are, those that have a way of knowing anyway. My friends in PR are bracing, they received damage from IRMA and some are still without power.

It's never a good time to take a hit. Many live off tourism and this is horrible news for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk