Oceania air - curious about arrival time in departure port city

scdreamer

This is not an urgent question, as our cruise is many months away, but I am curious, as we have never used O for air arrangements - have always made our own. On this upcoming cruise we are planning to use the OLife with air option.

We are on the west coast, and our cruise is going out of Miami. I have been looking at dummy bookings for air, and I don't see anything that would get us from our airport to the port on the same day and in time to board. Even with routing through other airports, I don't see anything.

Does Oceania sometimes fly passengers in to the port city a day early? Just wondering how this works. I'm sure it's not an unusual situation.

Just hoping there won't be some ungodly layover in the middle of the night somewhere :o

As Paulchili wrote I too think a red eye is in your future unless you buy a deviation.

That three hour time zone difference works against you on the way to the cruise. So it is either a red eye or the day before. And I believe O would give you the red-eye by default.

As to the "ungodly layover in the middle of the night somewhere", I don't know which airport they will fly you from but I see a 5 1/2 hour non-stop from SFO -> MIA on AA (10:30 pm to 7:00 am). Great if you nap on the plane and enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the airport :)

So then you just have to figure out a way to kill time before you're able to board, I guess. I would probably be too exhausted for a tour, so maybe a dayroom in a hotel? It might be better to just pay the deviation, and come in a day early.

So then you just have to figure out a way to kill time before you're able to board, I guess. I would probably be too exhausted for a tour, so maybe a dayroom in a hotel? It might be better to just pay the deviation, and come in a day early.

YUP

Plus if there is any bad weather or you end up with connections you will be well rested coming in a day early

Paying the deviation you can pick your flights so getting a nonstop would be less hassle

JMO

Most likely a red-eye, unless you get the deviation.

Just guessing here but I am betting this will be the case.

AFAIK, they do not fly you in a day early without deviation.

We've had it happen before. We were on a cruise leaving out of San Juan, they sent us in the day before as there was nothing we could take that would get us there the day of. Of course we were on our own for a hotel.

This is probably exclusive to those of us that live in smaller markets. There are no red eyes from our regional airports. Of course there usually are one connection away.

On that specific flight we were flying out of Tulsa as it was one of those included gateways during a promotion.

You can do OLife with air credit? I thought if you didn't take the air, you wouldn't get the perks. I would be fine making my own air and hotel arrangements if we could have the credit.

You have options

1) take O Life perks with included air

2) take O Life perks no air

3) take cruise only fare ...no O life perks or air or air credit

You can do OLife with air credit? I thought if you didn't take the air, you wouldn't get the perks. I would be fine making my own air and hotel arrangements if we could have the credit.

OLife w/o Air IS an option, but one for which you will need to request a quote, rather than checking the pricing options on the web site.

We changed our reservation to OLife with air credit. Working out fine - we will fly in a day early. We have plenty of air miles, so this is a great option. Glad I asked!

Glad you got it sorted out

Enjoy the cruise

We changed our reservation to OLife with air credit. Working out fine - we will fly in a day early. We have plenty of air miles, so this is a great option. Glad I asked!

Awesome!

I'm happy you did ask and understood.

I hope this will help other cruisers when reading this board. Nothing better than taking control of your own flights instead of waiting last minute to find out what flights they stuck you with.

Cheers,

John

This is not an urgent question, as our cruise is many months away, but I am curious, as we have never used O for air arrangements - have always made our own. On this upcoming cruise we are planning to use the OLife with air option.

We are on the west coast, and our cruise is going out of Miami. I have been looking at dummy bookings for air, and I don't see anything that would get us from our airport to the port on the same day and in time to board. Even with routing through other airports, I don't see anything.

Does Oceania sometimes fly passengers in to the port city a day early? Just wondering how this works. I'm sure it's not an unusual situation.

Just hoping there won't be some ungodly layover in the middle of the night somewhere :o

I would suggest flying in a day early. Then you aren't risking flight delays etc.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Forums mobile app