Change in itineraries

Lady golfer

:(in the aftermath of Hurricanes Irma and Maria, when will Oceania advise the passengers of the new itineraries in the Caribbean. A lot of the islands are devastated and need help, not a lot of tourist making demands. I would think it would be at least 6 months to a year to be back in shape. Just need a few thoughts.

Thanks.

I do not want to sound "bad". Yes, so many ports have been damaged. Those few left unscathed are not our favorites, i.e. the Guatemala, etc. side. We cancelled our cruise and took the hit. We would just rather do something else or something later when there is not uncertainty and devastation.

I am guessing they will see once Maria has blown herself out & no others following her

Then the Islands & cruise lines can access the viability of ships stopping there & when

At this point in time I do not think anyone knows where the cruise will go

If you have to know now maybe cancel if you can without penalty & rebook once the ships know where they can go

JMO

Seems to me that the islands outside of the hurricane belt, the ABC islands come to mind, will get an unexpected boost. I expect to see an uptick for Trinidad and Tobago, as well.

If that is where you would want to go. Not much to see or do on those islands so can't see spending a lot of money to go there. Would rather wait 6 months to a year to go where I want to. :):):)

One thing we all can probably count on over the next few months is that the remaining available ports (South and Western Caribbean especially) will be more crowded. I was also (previously) concerned that O might cancel Cozumel due to US Foreign Department warnings; that would seem less likely unless there are new tourist- related or threatened occurrences. My guess is we will miss Key West on our December cruise, making me 0 for 2 on that port.

Not much to see or do on those islands so can't see spending a lot of money to go there. Would rather wait 6 months to a year to go where I want to. :):):)

The ABC islands are very nice. Was just there in March. Aruba is my least favorite (been there twice), but still has lots to do. Curacao was my favorite and Bonaire second. We had a day pass at a resort in Curacao and took an island tour of Bonaire - very interesting. Loved walking through the towns too. Ate a delicious goat stew in Kralendijk.

For us all of the e and w Caribbean and the abc islands are boring. Beaches, diamonds international, t shirt shops and sweet drinks are not for us. On the rare occasion we do a Caribbean sailing we tend to stay on board ship or perhaps take a walk for an hour. It's very restful but not very interesting. Just my opinion

If you are a snorkler you will have a different perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've done a couple of Caribbean cruises and decided enough was enough. But I agree about Aruba -- we stayed there for several days on a land trip years ago and saw what we wanted to see. When we were there on a cruise, also a long time ago, there was plenty for us to do the day we were in port. But we would have preferred Bonaire or Curacao ...

I was amused on the opening night of Wheel of Fortune last week when a contestant won a trip to I forget what island, but it was one that had been decimated by Irma. I assume they will change the destination of that trip!

As others have said, we grieve for all who have lost their homes and far more because of the hurricanes.

We had two wonderful trips to Anguilla (when it was affordable, in the mid '80s) and treasure the memories. One day we were sitting on our beachfront veranda and a government official strolled by and struck up a conversation with us.

That wouldn't have happened in London!

But as I said, we were distressed to see all the damage on the island.

Mura