Where do MSC Dock in Lisbon

Ketut

We did the ship's excursion in Rio, too. Brazil is far too dangerous to take any chances - even the Brazilian crew warn you about it! We visited the Christ the Redeemer statue - awesome is an understatement - the Sugarloaf, Ipanema and Copacabana beaches. We just went to a shopping mall in Salvador. We didn't visit Buzios; we went to Fortaleza.

hey Ketut how are you going ? I've researched quite a few of the ports. And you can find out where we are docking from the port authority - I cant remember just now but will look it up again. I use google "whose in port" and then go to the relevant port - might be able to do it again. In Libson I have tried to book to go to Pena Palace in Sintra. We have now decided to do it on our own. I have detailed instructions on how to get there and after a fair bit more research than what I posted on the roll call have decided to taxi to the train station, catch a train takes 45 mins and runs every half an hour - then use the Sintra bus (5 euro round ticket runs every 15 mins). Very doable.

Hi Bea - are the other ports in Brazil dangerous too or just rio ?

Other ports would be just as dangerous from what we were told. I removed all my jewellery and put it in the cabin safe. Fortunately we were fine. As I said, we did the ship's excursion in Rio but we DIY'd the other 2 ports, Salvador and Fortaleza, and found the Brazilians to be very friendly - though very few have any English. We didn't venture too far, mind you!

Hi Janet&Carl, good to hear from you as the roll call is v quiet. We have a walking tour of Cadiz which we plan to do ourselves, first time in Lisbon so will tour round the main sites using tram and foot, been to Madiera so will have a quiet day mooching around Funchal, Santa Cruz we plan on taking the tram to old Town of La Laguna and Salvador taking the Lacerda Elevator to the old Town of Pelourinho. As you and beamafar say, don't carry valuables and be aware of what is going on around you. We need to hope for good weather now.:cool: