Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park

Bel_din

Can anyone provide information on how the Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park does transfers to and from the MCT. I called twice to get information, The first guy didn't know and the second call was disconnected. @ $230 for my date I may just bite.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Can anyone provide information on how the Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park does transfers to and from the MCT. I called twice to get information, The first guy didn't know and the second call was disconnected. @ $230 for my date I may just bite.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Recent thread - post #17

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2537744&highlight=Ridgefield+park&page=2

Thanks I Saw that post, But it was the only mention when I did the search. My choices are. $400 @ MTC Pier or $230 @ Hampton Inn with included shuttle. I've done Park-rite in the past but with a minivan MCT Pier is just easier.

Decisions Decisions:confused:

It's a very new offering, so very little feedback yet.

Okay, I bit the bullet and reserved for Dec 11th Return 23rd $228.59 including hot breakfast and shuttle drop off @ 930am. She estimated shuttle pickup will be around 11am. Will report back when I return. Thanks.

Rob

We stayed at the Hilton Garden in July and are booked again for our December cruise. When you get to the hotel they will ask how much luggage you have and what time you want to leave in the morning. We had luxury cars both times. Highly recommend this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info;) We are looking at the Hilton for a one night pre-cruise stay/park in May 2018. Can you please confirm how exactly the shuttle service works pre/post cruise? Do you set up the times when you check in? Is it private or with other guests? How does the pick up from the port back to the hotel work?

Thanks in advance for you help!!

I would personally contact the hotel directly to get the information you need regarding shuttle service to the Manhattan Cruise Port. I'm under the impression that when you check in they ask what time you want to leave for the port and how much luggage you have. I'm fairly certain that you travel to he port with family members and are not mixed with other cruise passengers. The ride from the hotel is approximately thirty minutes. At the conclusion of your cruise the shuttle returns you to the hotel to pick up your vehicle.

I booked the Hilton. Although I’m from central nj would cost me over $200 to do an Uber. Rather spend $297 and be closer and get a breakfast out of it

I booked the Hilton for a Spring 2018 date -- with fees, etc it came to $366 - a $297 sounds better though! I suppose it depends on the date you're staying. (I figured $366 still a decent option as I calculated 280 for port parking, $15x2 for G.W. Bridge, and wouldn't find a hotel for the difference of $56)

• 2 weeks later...
I booked the Hilton. Although I’m from central nj would cost me over $200 to do an Uber. Rather spend $297 and be closer and get a breakfast out of it

I booked the Hilton for a Spring 2018 date -- with fees, etc it came to $366 - a $297 sounds better though! I suppose it depends on the date you're staying. (I figured $366 still a decent option as I calculated 280 for port parking, $15x2 for G.W. Bridge, and wouldn't find a hotel for the difference of $56)

Hmm try signing up for Hilton rewards first as a member then sign and try booking the room. Maybe it’s cheaper that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So now I know the different between the park and cruise at the Hilton Garden Inn, Ridgefield Park, NJ and the Hampton Inn, same place.

We are staying again at the Garden Inn and we will have a private car take us to the pier. We tell them when we want to leave in the morning and then when we arrive, we call them to pick us up at whatever time we want. In July we left the hotel at 9:00 because we had a 9:30 check in and then when we arrived back to the pier, we called at 8:45 when we disembarked, and they were there by 9:05 to take us back.

We will do the same thing in December. I am not a person that likes to wait around for a shuttle. I want to leave when I want to leave, it's one of my many quirks:)

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a 10 day cruise Tuesday and stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ridgefield Park. Had no issues whatsoever. Nice room, friendly staff. Was cheaper than the Hilton Garden Inn. Transfer to and from the port was I think dependent on how many people were staying there on the cruise. When we left for the port, they had 55 people coming back on a bus from the cruise terminal. We had arranged to go at 9:30am, and the Gen. Mgr. didn't want us to wait for the bus to get back, so took my wife and I herself to the port. A van picked us up from the port. We had requested 9am, which was early. There was traffic, and we were picked up at 9:30. Had no problems with the hotel or the area.

We just got back from a 10 day cruise Tuesday and stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ridgefield Park. Had no issues whatsoever. Nice room, friendly staff. Was cheaper than the Hilton Garden Inn. Transfer to and from the port was I think dependent on how many people were staying there on the cruise. When we left for the port, they had 55 people coming back on a bus from the cruise terminal. We had arranged to go at 9:30am, and the Gen. Mgr. didn't want us to wait for the bus to get back, so took my wife and I herself to the port. A van picked us up from the port. We had requested 9am, which was early. There was traffic, and we were picked up at 9:30. Had no problems with the hotel or the area.

Thank you for your feedback! We've got it booked for our cruise, but I was anxious because the recommendations not to stay there because of the area.

The easiest way to get picked up after the cruise is to cross the West Side Highway at the crossing directly in front of the terminal and wait for the shuttle anywhere on the east side of the street. That’s exactly what my family did when we cruised on the Norwegian Breakaway in July 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The easiest way to get picked up after the cruise is to cross the West Side Highway at the crossing directly in front of the terminal and wait for the shuttle anywhere on the east side of the street. That’s exactly what my family did when we cruised on the Norwegian Breakaway in July 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Kinda sucks when you have two suitcases and a baby to move

Sent from my iPhone using Forums