Black Card and YC Perks - Lots of Questions

js

Hi. Sorry for all my questions lately just that I'm new to MSC and have two cruises booked on Seaside, one of which this upcoming February. :D

We are status matched, Black Card (two people in the cabin, both Black) in YC. Can I ask the following please for my February cruise:

* We both get a dinner with a guest, so we will have two specialty dinners. Can these dinners be used at any specialty restaurant onboard? Do we just give our dates/times/location to the YC concierge?

*What is the MSC Club Photo? Is it just a standard photo of the ship, or is it an actual picture we can choose of the two of us from the photographers? Is it one per cabin or per person?

*I see you get a birthday cake. It will be a few weeks prior to one of our birthdays. Can we request a cake? If so, do I do that with YC concierge or do I/can I do this prior to the trip?

*I read that there is late stateroom checkout. This may be good for us since my mom and I are sailing and my dh is flying into FLL and landing at 9 am and then driving to the POM the morning of debarkation. He will pick us up and we will drive to Orlando to watch my college son play baseball. What time do we get to stay in the cabin?

We are very excited to give YC a try and hoping we love it since it will open up a new line for us to sail. Switching from Haven (which we absolutely LOVE on NCL "Away" ships) to YC is saving us a little over $2000. I'm sure there will be things we love about both (loved reading drcocktail's review) and looking forward to the new experience.

*For YC, is there a dedicated e-mail and/or phone number we can/should call prior to embarkation to give our preferences (contents of minifridge, etc.). Are there Coke or Pepsi products? My mom drinks a Diet Coke each morning how some drink coffee.

*Speaking of coffee, on NCL, I am able to request from the butler each evening (well, I ask when we board) that I have a small pot of pressed coffee each evening. From there, after it cools, I put in the fridge since I like to have my black iced coffee each morning. Can I do this in YC?

*Is there a fee for room service in the YC? Do we call the butler for room service?

*Can we order from a specialty restaurant for room service one evening if we pay the fee for the restaurant? One time on an NCL cruise, we asked the butler to please do this for us. My mom was wiped out but we still wanted a nice dinner so we called and just ate in the cabin.

*Does LeMuse offer breakfast, lunch and dinner? Is there dining outside in the YC?

*On NCL, we tip extra in the Haven for:

*Concierge

*Assistant concierge if used *Maitre D'

*Waiter(s). We usually have the same Haven waiter(s) for the week.

*Bartender(s)

*Butler

*Room steward

I have not read too much discussion on above. Do you all give extra to above when in YC?

If you read this far, I SO appreciate it. Can't wait to learn more about MSC, YC and Seaside!

Thank you!

Edited by js

Hi. Sorry for all my questions lately just that I'm new to MSC and have two cruises booked on Seaside, one of which this upcoming February. :D

We are status matched, Black Card (two people in the cabin, both Black) in YC. Can I ask the following please for my February cruise:

* We both get a dinner with a guest, so we will have two specialty dinners. Can these dinners be used at any specialty restaurant onboard? Yes

Do we just give our dates/times/location to the YC concierge? Yes

*What is the MSC Club Photo? Is it just a standard photo of the ship, No

or is it an actual picture we can choose of the two of us from the photographers? No, it's usually one they decide on - it could be one taken with the captain. In our case, the photo was taken in the MDR at dinner on Italian night.

Is it one per cabin or per person? We got to choose 3 out of 4.

*I see you get a birthday cake. It will be a few weeks prior to one of our birthdays. Can we request a cake? No ........... you must be onboard on the date.

If so, do I do that with YC concierge or do I/can I do this prior to the trip?

*I read that there is late stateroom checkout. This may be good for us since my mom and I are sailing and my dh is flying into FLL and landing at 9 am and then driving to the POM the morning of debarkation. He will pick us up and we will drive to Orlando to watch my college son play baseball. What time do we get to stay in the cabin? IIRC it's an extra hour. You need to inform them in advance that you want to avail of it.

We are very excited to give YC a try and hoping we love it since it will open up a new line for us to sail. Switching from Haven (which we absolutely LOVE on NCL "Away" ships) to YC is saving us a little over $2000. I'm sure there will be things we love about both (loved reading drcocktail's review) and looking forward to the new experience.

*For YC, is there a dedicated e-mail and/or phone number we can/should call prior to embarkation to give our preferences (contents of minifridge, etc.). No. However, your butler will stock the mini-fridge according to your preferences (within what's available).

Are there Coke or Pepsi products? My mom drinks a Diet Coke each morning how some drink coffee. Don't know.

*Speaking of coffee, on NCL, I am able to request from the butler each evening (well, I ask when we board) that I have a small pot of pressed coffee each evening. From there, after it cools, I put in the fridge since I like to have my black iced coffee each morning. Can I do this in YC? No reason why not - they will be delighted to accede to any reasonable requests.

*Is there a fee for room service in the YC? No. Do we call the butler for room service? Just press the room-service button on the phone.

*Can we order from a specialty restaurant for room service one evening if we pay the fee for the restaurant? No.

One time on an NCL cruise, we asked the butler to please do this for us. My mom was wiped out but we still wanted a nice dinner so we called and just ate in the cabin.

*Does LeMuse offer breakfast, lunch and dinner? Yes.

Is there dining outside in the YC? Yes - there's a small buffet at the One Pool Bar.

If you read this far, I SO appreciate it. Can't wait to learn more about MSC, YC and Seaside!

Thank you!

We've only ever got the free photo once as we don't usually bother so what I've shared here is my only experience and I can't, for the life of me, remember how it came about that we were offered the photos. I'm sure others will be able to give clearer answers to your photo questions.

We've only ever got the free photo once as we don't usually bother so what I've shared here is my only experience and I can't, for the life of me, remember how it came about that we were offered the photos. I'm sure others will be able to give clearer answers to your photo questions.

Thank you SO much and thank you for not being sick of answering my questions yet LOL

One more question for now, does the YC have its own sailaway?

You have cleared up a ton of questions for me! Have a wonderful weekend!

Edited by js

Thank you SO much and thank you for not being sick of answering my questions yet LOL

One more question for now, does the YC have its own sailaway?

You have cleared up a ton of questions for me! Have a wonderful weekend!

No problem, JS. That's what the forum's about!

In answer to your sailaway question, the answer is no sailaway in YC. You'll find everything is very refined and subtle in the enclave. Nice piano or violin playing in the YC lounge in the evening - very sedate.

Have a fab weekend, yourself! :)

*What is the MSC Club Photo? Is it just a standard photo of the ship, or is it an actual picture we can choose of the two of us from the photographers? Is it one per cabin or per person?

On the Meraviglia this summer I think it was the photo they took at the Black member "party".

Since my wife wasn't invited I said no to be photographed. (I didn't wanted to go but my wife told me to go. It was completely waste of time! )

On the Meraviglia this summer I think it was the photo they took at the Black member "party".

Since my wife wasn't invited I said no to be photographed. (I didn't wanted to go but my wife told me to go. It was completely waste of time! )

I agree about it being a waste of time, SC. Your wife could have accompanied you, though, even if she isn't a Black Card holder. My DH always came with me before he made it to the Black level. I think we gave it a miss on Meraviglia.

I agree about it being a waste of time, SC. Your wife could have accompanied you, though, even if she isn't a Black Card holder. My DH always came with me before he made it to the Black level. I think we gave it a miss on Meraviglia.

I now know that she could have followed me but she really didn't miss anything!

She could have been Black too but I couldn't create a MYNCL account for her so we couldn't status match her.