Anthem dining ?

mlzangel78

So, I'm "new again" to Royal after 3 Carnival cruises and will be on Anthem next year. So, I have the My Time dining and I'll have 3 cabins and 7 folks probably looking to eat together. So, do I make reservations each day in the morning, do I premake them before I board, do I show up? I'm thinking reservations are best, but I'm not sure on the timing of when to make them, especially if I know we'll want to eat at different times on some days (like we eat early, but on embarkation and port days, we'll probably want to eat later, so I don't want a standing 5:45pm reservation for each day, but more like 5:45pm on 4 days and 7pm on 3 days)...

So, I'm "new again" to Royal after 3 Carnival cruises and will be on Anthem next year. So, I have the My Time dining and I'll have 3 cabins and 7 folks probably looking to eat together. So, do I make reservations each day in the morning, do I premake them before I board, do I show up? I'm thinking reservations are best, but I'm not sure on the timing of when to make them, especially if I know we'll want to eat at different times on some days (like we eat early, but on embarkation and port days, we'll probably want to eat later, so I don't want a standing 5:45pm reservation for each day, but more like 5:45pm on 4 days and 7pm on 3 days)...

Make the reservations whenever you want, it's your choice to make thm pre-cruise or onboard. You can change reservations onboard if your plans change.

Excellent - so I can make them by day before we board? That's pretty awesome actually:).

The longer you wait to make reservations, the fewer open slots there will be. Plus you lose access to the Cruise Planner about 48 hours before the cruise.

The longer you wait to make reservations, the fewer open slots there will be. Plus you lose access to the Cruise Planner about 48 hours before the cruise.

Thanks for that info. So, when dining opens (75 days or so before the cruise, right...or is it earlier/later?), I just go in and make them...I can do that:)...

Thanks for that info. So, when dining opens (75 days or so before the cruise, right...or is it earlier/later?), I just go in and make them...I can do that:)...

There's no set time for dining (or any other reservations) to open. Keep checking your cruise planner.

Make the reservations whenever you want, it's your choice to make thm pre-cruise or onboard. You can change reservations onboard if your plans change.

We're on the Anthem right now and prime time MTD is sold out on several nights for some nights. Advance reservations highly recommended (i.e. Not on morning of dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're on the Anthem right now and prime time MTD is sold out on several nights for some nights. Advance reservations highly recommended (i.e. Not on morning of dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you used the no reservation line? We have had no issues in the past getting a table for 2 around 6pm via the no reservation line. We actually thought Anthem handled MTD with no reservations very well and planned on doing that again when we board in November. If things have changed, maybe I better make a few reservations just in case.

We are also boarding Nov- 11-17 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe we will see you at the meet and mingle.:)

This is our third time on Anthem and we did not book any reservations for MTD when we sailed in February. We waited in line to check in at the podium but were always immediately seated once we reached the podium. Line was only 5 minutes or so. On formal nights, the line was crazy when we came out of dinner though.

Maybe we will see you at the meet and mingle.:)

This is our third time on Anthem and we did not book any reservations for MTD when we sailed in February. We waited in line to check in at the podium but were always immediately seated once we reached the podium. Line was only 5 minutes or so. On formal nights, the line was crazy when we came out of dinner though.

We're on Nov. 11 too. Can't wait. i pre-made all our MTD reservations ...not sure we will use them every night but wanted to have them just the same. see you at the Meet N Mingle :D

Have you used the no reservation line? We have had no issues in the past getting a table for 2 around 6pm via the no reservation line. We actually thought Anthem handled MTD with no reservations very well and planned on doing that again when we board in November. If things have changed, maybe I better make a few reservations just in case.

Yes! The no reservation line still works (but is long during prime time).

I was specifically responding to the comment that you can book any time once you are on board. Currently, on the Anthem, you can book MTD 5:30 or after 8:00. I advised that if you want a reservation, you should try to prebooking early.